Forum > SuperHero Adventures

Working on SMF 'online character creator' - feedback welcome

<< < (2/21) > >>

rollntider:
Nice work, looks really good, a little tip put some exceptions in case someone enters a wrong number so it can re ask the question, give them an option to quit or exit gracefully.

Nice work though.

Basement Dweller:
We will use it! We are building some forces to finally play SMF and if you build it, we will come!

fergal:
I had a bit of a go at it again tonight.

https://repl.it/@RussellGregory/SMF-Character-Creator

Give it a try.  I added the following things:

* The rest of the archetypes up to mentalist
* All the necessary minor powers for those archetypes
* A printable results page, you can copy and paste it to a word document (but paste without formatting, if you don't know what that means google it)
There is still a long way to go.  I'm a very experience web designer but before I start to make a slick interface, the code below that needs to be solid.  Rollntider, that's why I'm not putting to much effort into making this one fool proof.  In the final version you will check boxes to select things rather than enter numbers.

Entering the minor powers is TEDIOUS work and takes a long time to make sure things turn out correctly.  I'm always open to suggestions for improvements (in text and such) not so much as far as features as I'm just a beginner so just making things work is enough of a challenge.

I didn't collect the the minor powers in the hero code before so they don't 'print out' nicely at the end, I'll work on that in a morning rather than 11pm after a full day.  For now you can see them all in the notes.

There is also no accommodation for Super, Street Level, or Power House characters.

I also need to factor in Boosts and Archetype moves in the final product.

Feedback is welcome!  Also kinda necessary to get me to work on it :)

chrach7:
That is awesome.

Munindk:
The output is a lot more readable now, its really starting to come together :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version