Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Olsson's Fantasy Miniatures  (Read 17295 times)

Online Olsson

• Librarian
Re: Olsson's Fantasy Miniatures
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 03:07:52 PM »
My work into Rangers of the Shadow Deep continues.

Two old GW Brettonia archers that will work as my Archer companions. So far I am painting them all up in the green colours of Alladore. So far I am trying to avoid buying new miniatures, atleast til I get paid at the end of the month and the Brettonia line fits best with the more early-ish mediveal fantasy aesthetic that I am trying to go with.

My ranger in the flesh. He is a A Song of Ice and Fire miniature from the Crannogman Trackers line. They really make for excellent rangers in the classic aesthetic ala Dunedain/Rangers of the North. He is a quick and cunning fellow so I have gone with abilities based around speed and deception, we'll see how well that goes for me once I venture into the Shadow Deep for real.

A shot of Orwald with his companions so far.

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2019, 04:45:34 PM »
Those are looking great. I'm always amazed at how well the old Bretonnian archers hold up.

I may have to get myself some of those Crannogmen.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »
My group of companions for Rangers of the Shadow Deep continues to grow. Also got my first box of Oathmark/Frostgrave miniatures to play with.

A brave soldier of Alladore, will count as a Man-At-Arms.
Brettonia Man-At-Arms with Empire Free Company head and sword.

A brave soldier of Alladore, will count as a Man-At-Arms.
Oathmark Human Infantry torso and arms, Frostgrave Solider head and shield.

A young eager recruit who only recently joined the King's Rangers.
Frostgrave body,arms and Empire Greatsword head.

A dashing duelist from the city of Erenthean.
Oathmark Human Infantry body, Frostgrave Soldier arms, Empire Greatsword head.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2019, 09:35:18 PM »

A little conversion I threw together in a fit of inspiration after having read the recently released 28 magazine which I reccomend to everyone and can be found at https://28-mag.com/.

Some markers/tokens made to be used with Rangers of the Shadow Deep and potentially other things in the future.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 08:24:48 AM »
Some great figures and markers you have there - great work!

As I didn't get any of the Warhammer Bretonnian stuff from that era I don't know how big they are. Could you tell me how tall the miniatures are in mm, and/or do some comparison shots with the Radagast mini (as I have one of those) that is in the background please? I like the look of that Crannogman "ranger" and would dearly like to fit him into my collection but not if he is too big - most of my collection are old school/pre-slotta Citadel and GW Lord of the Rings, so tend towards 25mm.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2019, 08:59:52 PM »
Some great figures and markers you have there - great work!

As I didn't get any of the Warhammer Bretonnian stuff from that era I don't know how big they are. Could you tell me how tall the miniatures are in mm, and/or do some comparison shots with the Radagast mini (as I have one of those) that is in the background please? I like the look of that Crannogman "ranger" and would dearly like to fit him into my collection but not if he is too big - most of my collection are old school/pre-slotta Citadel and GW Lord of the Rings, so tend towards 25mm.

A very late reply, perhaps this will still be of use to you.

Didn't paint much for a good while again, but put paint on this fellow over the past few days. Out of pratice but turned out alright.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2019, 06:53:08 PM »

Another miniature for my latest return to trying to paint daily. Struggled a bit with this one for awhile.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 07:07:07 PM by Olsson »

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »
Nice work and thank you for sharing. I like the guy with the forked beard in particular.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2019, 10:49:53 PM »
Nice work and thank you for sharing. I like the guy with the forked beard in particular.

Thanks! And yeah I was pretty happy with him too, it's a good head. Managed to trade for it from a friend, is some old Ulric Knights head from the Empire starter box.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 12:35:48 AM »
Great work on these!!
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2019, 04:06:52 PM »

Looking at painting up some Chaos Warriors to try out Dragon Rampant with a friend. Decided to try and go for a brighter colour scheme and ended up with this as my test miniature.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2019, 06:01:41 PM »

Finished up what will be my Elite Footmen unit for Dragon Rampant, can't say I felt great about how they ended up looking but all together with the contrast they are striking enough from a distance. Bright colours really are more difficult to handle.

Now just have to finish up some Ungor Archers and the big evil villian.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2019, 09:12:10 PM »

Painted up some dwarven caravan miniatures for a friend to use in a future scenario.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2021, 01:46:35 PM »
Been working on some Victrix Vikings to use for various purposes, the plan is eventually to make a 9th Age Åsklanders army of it but painting so many miniatures is always aways away. Been looking at Saga however where they should function just fine, so began with putting together 16 unarmoured men with shields. As far as I've gathered they should do fine as two squads of Warriors in Saga.

Didn't paint all that much for a good while, it's always a treat to get going at it again even if I am not spending as much time as I perhaps ought to due to the numbers of them I'll need to have. Entertaining some fantastical notions of going over them again sometime in the future. The shields are currently blank as I am considering trying those lovely shield decals Victrix also sells, even if they're all out of stock currently.

Online Olsson

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »
My adventures in cork construction continues. I put this cairn golem together a few weeks ago but didn't end up wholly pleased with the silhouette and pose. It was put to the side as such things often are, but after having made a quick and smaller one in an evening I decided to paint it up. Are few things as despiriting as having a bunch of unfinished things lying around looking messy.

In the end I am happy enough with it.

As mentioned above I've also continued my work on the vikings. The 9th Age goal is still very distant as those armies would need me to paint up about a hundred vikings, but I have a full 6 point Saga army now and have played two games. It's a fun one.

My mighty viking warlord.

Three trolls, I am always looking for creatures of a more scandinavian folklore aesthetic and these Bronze Age Miniatures trolls suited that very well. If you know of any companies that make good creatures looking from that part of the world do let me know.

Finally a few pictures from the first two games against the Saxon foe.