Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:41:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Theft from trader at PAW  (Read 1088 times)

Offline mrausten

• Lurker
Theft from trader at PAW
« on: February 05, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »
This has just been put up on the Gydran Miniatures Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Gydran/?hc_ref=ARQMPbutY0316i0sYxaqyBPoZlDbQEmHxGC93SyWncxmmyM3PD_OYZ4vfeUGi0nmZdY&fref=nf

Good morning, everyone.

As some of you may know we were at PAW 2018 this year for the second year in a row. It was great to see some familiar faces and catch up with some of the amazing members of our miniature and games industry here in the UK.

Unfortunately something happened during the show that somewhat soured the experience for us. On the Sunday it came to light that over £400 worth of stock was stolen in one go on the Saturday in the form of an orange and black plastic crate being removed from the stall while the staff were being distracted and several packs of resin bases being removed in what we now believe to be the same theft. We are pretty sure we know who the culprits are and it has been reported to the show organisers who are disgusted that it has happened.

We would ask any of you at the show that saw anything to let us know. Also if you see any of our products being sold online other than via Bad Squiddo Games, the ebay seller zmm-online or our webstore at www.gydran.com to please report it to us. There is no camera surveillance in the hall where we were and for the first time ever doing shows we didn't have our normal security camera up (we were very busy and it was forgotten).

The theft consisted of several of our large Elsor-Varo sets including Heavy Support, Breachers and Crisis units. At least 20 blisters of assorted types and several small sets including the Dweorg Raiders and Space Critters.

It's never a nice thing to have anything stolen. We are a small company and the theft has left us in disbelief that someone could do that. We urge you all to spread the word and share this as far and wide as possible. Lets create enough heat under this that the thieves find it near impossible to sell their ill gotten goods.

If you are the thieves and reading this, if you return the goods to the PAW venue we will not take it any further. However, if we catch you we will prosecute you to the full extent of the law.

Thanks guys, and remember to share as far and wide as you can!

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
Re: Theft from trader at PAW
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »
Saddened to read this. I used boast some years ago that you could leave your wallet on a table at a show and go back an hour later and it would still be there .... those days seem behind us, what a shame.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 06:56:19 PM »
I was just going to post this too, saw it on heresy Facebook page. Hope they get the hazards.

Offline thenamelessdead

• Scientist
  • I've made a huge mistake...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »
If this is the same PAW 2018 I was at then I can only apologise on behalf of Plymouth and hope that this turns out well for the victims. It's pathetic behaviour really.