Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:32:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689606
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pikeman's Lament 17/12/17  (Read 927 times)

Offline Bryanbowdell

• Scientist
Pikeman's Lament 17/12/17
« on: December 18, 2017, 06:31:23 PM »

Pikeman's lament on Sunday

Aggressive Dave was so far undefeated, whereas my track record was in-victorious!! The pressure was on.

We decided on the "Storm the redoubt" scenario, with a burnt out church representing the redoubt and a walled village in the west. Dave was fielding a Royalist force consisting of the red coated King's Lifeguard, two units if shot, two units of commanded shot, two units of trotters and a unit of pikeman , commanded by Dave's less than esteemed leader "Prince Maurice- weasel if the Rhine.

I was fielding a Parliamentary force led my the brave Scottish Covenant Captain "Mungo Mcgregior, Laird of Knockifloss". After three successive defeats Mungo had called in the local militia to support him - two units if shot, a unit if commanded shot , forlon hope and a unit of pikeman supported by a regimental gun.

Dave became the attacker, and Mungo took his pikeman and gun into the ruins of the local church to stand his ground.

Things started with Dave advancing towards the church and my support forces moving up to save Mungo, however this was as far as they got for most of the game, clearly hovering about to see if their Captain was worth saving.

The regimental gun drew first blood taking out some of Dave's shot. True to form Aggressive Dave responded with waves of firepower directed at the gun, until he eventually wiped the crew out.

Captain Mcgregor formed up the pikeman in close order, expecting the worst. The supporting units dallied about exchanging dome fire with Dave's units.

Despite volumes if fire pouring into the church the pikeman refused to go down. Dave charged in with Prince Maurice leading his pikeman into combat. The weasel was no match for the gallant Scotsman. Winning the combat and wiping out Maurice and his pikeman. Mungo capturing the King's standard.

Dave and his Royalists were roundly defeated and Mungos honour was redeemed.

Dave blamed his defeat on having not fielded Royalist Scot's!!!!

more pics on the club's forum:

https://wigangames.club/index.php?topic=29.msg48#msg48