Forum > Other Adventures

Malifaux modeling rant (to keep me from throwing models)

<< < (2/5) > >>

Malebolgia:
Some of the miniatures can be insane to assemble, yes. Several times I stared at sprues thinking "whaaaaaaaaat?". But some fine tweezers, a good glue applicator and a BIG serving tray on my lap to catch any falling parts made sure assembly went fine. And yes, the final miniatures are great.
But I am still amazed by Wyrd's choices in plastic models. They have been doing plastic for years now and you'd think they would change it so new gamers can start playing faster and with less hassle. I just don't see new gamers getting into this game if they don't have a lot fo modeling experience.

LeadAsbestos:
Fiddly multi part minis are the bane of my Wargaming existence. I gave up my attempt at Bushido as soon as I had the minis in hand.

VSF Gamer:
I agree 100% with you sir.. I despise little fiddly parts especially with my fat fingers.

dwbullock:
I have a running joke with a friend of mine -- we're curious how long before Malifaux comes out with a model with individual teeth on the sprue.

The models look absolutely amazing, and I love them ... when I can actually assemble them, and when they stay together.  Makes me miss the metal gremlins.

Ultravanillasmurf:
By Yan Lo's Beard!

"By Yan Lo's Beard!" is a common expression of frustration. It is named after Yan Lo's beard, a very difficult part to assemble.

https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Yan+Lo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version