Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:07:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686601
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Female old-west American Indian warriors/shamans in 28mm?  (Read 3347 times)

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Female old-west American Indian warriors/shamans in 28mm?
« on: December 23, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
My Google-foo has failed me, as has my memory, as I seek a female old-West American Indian warrior (or medicine man woman) in 28mm. Apache is preferred, but any plains-Indian-looking-female mini would do. As I am not looking for absolute historical accuracy, there may well be some fantasy minis that may fit the bill. Any weapon type, from bow to six shooter, would do. Other than this is for Pulp Alley rules, and thus pulpy is preferable, I can't tell you exactly what I'm looking for, except I will know it when I see it.

I have the Reaper female shaman and the Bombshell Babes Luta figure, and both are fine, but they don't really quite do it for me. I envision this character's role as either shaman or scout.

As I re-read this I realize that my Savage Core Amazons might fit the bill. At least that is one choice, but I would gratefully appreciate, in this time of giving, the guidance of all you LAFers out there as to even more choices.  :D

Thanks in advance!
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: Female old-west American Indian warriors/shamans in 28mm?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:20:26 PM »
My Google-foo has failed me, as has my memory, as I seek a female old-West American Indian warrior (or medicine man woman) in 28mm. Apache is preferred, but any plains-Indian-looking-female mini would do. As I am not looking for absolute historical accuracy, there may well be some fantasy minis that may fit the bill. Any weapon type, from bow to six shooter, would do. Other than this is for Pulp Alley rules, and thus pulpy is preferable, I can't tell you exactly what I'm looking for, except I will know it when I see it.

I have the Reaper female shaman and the Bombshell Babes Luta figure, and both are fine, but they don't really quite do it for me. I envision this character's role as either shaman or scout.

As I re-read this I realize that my Savage Core Amazons might fit the bill. At least that is one choice, but I would gratefully appreciate, in this time of giving, the guidance of all you LAFers out there as to even more choices.  :D

Thanks in advance!

Bad Squiddo's Phoolan Devi with her wise and solemn expression can be painted as a great Apache shaman/scout/warleader IMHO:

;)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:22:29 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline zippyfusenet

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
Eureka makes a set of American Indian women warriors. A bit cartoony, but fun to paint:

http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=1830
You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »
Wargames foundry has one armed with a musket on their Old West Mountainmen.
Also CP models has a indian women but unarmed.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »
Dixon have a couple of female indians in their Plains Wars range which might do including a mounted figure.

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 06:52:42 PM »
Bad Squiddo's Phoolan Devi with her wise and solemn expression can be painted as a great Apache shaman/scout/warleader IMHO:

;)

I had told you memory had failed me...I remember seeing the Phoolan Devi figures on Annie's Bad Squiddo site and thinking "Apache!"

And there are actually two suitable figures:

Eureka makes a set of American Indian women warriors. A bit cartoony, but fun to paint:

http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=1830

Definitely possibilities here, too, for both shaman or scout. Could always swap out the hatchets for pistols...and they do look cartoony pulpy!

Wargames foundry has one armed with a musket on their Old West Mountainmen.
Also CP models has a indian women but unarmed.

I've always wanted to paint up a set of Foundry's Mountainmen (one of my very favorite historical genres). The figure in question is very nice, but is packing a long rifle (or musket) circa early 19th century. But that could be altered, or replaced.

Dixon have a couple of female indians in their Plains Wars range which might do including a mounted figure.

Really would be nice if Dixon made a dismounted version of Buffalo Calf Woman! I'm unfamiliar with Dixon: how would they size up with, say, the Foundry or Artizan ranges?

Thanks for the great suggestions, gents!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 07:46:20 PM by oabee »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »

I think you"ll find exactly what you want here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=106312.0
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:29 AM »

I think you"ll find exactly what you want here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=106312.0

The Ghost-Witch figure in the back would indeed do quite nicely. Unfortunately it's only available if you purchase the "Hunting Ground Figure Deal" (£58.20, marked down from £75.00), about 29 minis that I don't really need.  :'(

There is hope, perhaps: the Ghost-Witch "isn't currently available to buy," which implies, one would think, that indeed one day it WILL be available to buy!

Wonderful figure, full of character. Suitably ominous. Thanks for the heads-up, and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:00:02 AM by oabee »