Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Adventure 2000 by matchbox. More Progress on Adv 2000 plus  (Read 6976 times)

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
Adventure 2000 by matchbox. More Progress on Adv 2000 plus
« on: January 01, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
I've got a lot of these and have been modding them and repainting for a while.

I will be posting more in future. I have a rather large collection of them.

Maybe even a few in focus?  o_o lol

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:23:49 PM by MalcyBogaten »

Offline Emir of Askaristan

• Mastermind
    • My Blog
Re: Adventure 2000 by matchbox.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »
Ahhhh a warm rush of nostalgia there....more please! lol

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »
These were some great vehicles! I still have one of these, unfortunately it's heavily damaged  :'(

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:41:47 PM »
These were some great vehicles! I still have one of these, unfortunately it's heavily damaged  :'(

I had some of these raider command vehicles in this state as well.

Saw through the back of the plastic canopy. Then fill and paint over the top. Or cover it with a small strip of card.

I will put up pics of my ones soon.

They are still great vehicles. Even in a damaged state you can make great things from them!

:D

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 03:17:45 AM »
Yep, love these. They make a brilliant base for conversions - a few I did.I still have a few more half completed, waiting for some attention.

Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Stu

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 04:34:30 AM »
I remember the Judge Dredd story, I never knew they existed until a few years later so I've never seem one in the metal. Looking forward to what you do with them.

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:25:05 AM »
Very nice.

Offline chromedog

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 10:36:57 AM »
Picked up a Killdozer/landcruiser combo at a flea market the same week that JD story was put back into print (and promptly sold out again).

Cost me $15 AUD for it (missing the missile) but the wheels still spin and the tracks still work.  Another guy was selling one in a munted box, with torn cellophane and missing tracks and missile - AND the cruiser windscreen was shattered - and he wanted $50 for it.

Had one just like it as a child, but it got lost somewhere along the way.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
Clanmac: It was some of your conversions that made me start to tinker more with my collection. Though I can't match what you have done. It inspired me greatly!  :D

ChromeDog: Yeah! When I was a kid this particular vehicle was top of my most wanted list! But it was the one that eluded me in my home town and the surrounding areas. Even when I was on holiday in Wales I could never find one.
I got loads of them now!!! lol lol

Keep an eye on ebay or look to see if there is a local toyfair/diecast show. It's where I picked up many of mine and at very cheap prices. Sometimes 50p each. They may be missing tracks on some but I use elastic bands and if you really want to you can buy more realistic tracks from a model shop.

The figures that came with them were about 25/28mm and I do have a few of them. Detail is not bad for 40 years ago.

When I think of myself as a little boy craving these and look at what I've got now...I think little Me would have widdled himself with delight.
 lol

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 02:23:51 PM »
I have the same child-like joy with having three of the 6 wheeler missile launchers. It’s like Xmas!

Love the turret on your right-hand vehicle. Where did that come from.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »
I have the same child-like joy with having three of the 6 wheeler missile launchers. It’s like Xmas!

Love the turret on your right-hand vehicle. Where did that come from.

It came from a cheap little tank kit. It is supposed to be a Flakpanzer Gepard. The kits include a T34, M1 Abrams, Type 74 and the Gepard.

Though the boxes artwork somewhat mis-directs the content. I found the Gepard turret very useful. They were only Ł1 each from a Pound type shop in Birmingham. I can't seem to get anymore.  :'(

Look for little boxes in a display with tanks on. If I find more I will post the name of the manufacturer but I think they may have Dodo'ed

Offline chromedog

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 10:15:09 PM »
Clanmac: It was some of your conversions that made me start to tinker more with my collection. Though I can't match what you have done. It inspired me greatly!  :D

ChromeDog: Yeah! When I was a kid this particular vehicle was top of my most wanted list! But it was the one that eluded me in my home town and the surrounding areas. Even when I was on holiday in Wales I could never find one.
I got loads of them now!!! lol lol

Keep an eye on ebay or look to see if there is a local toyfair/diecast show. It's where I picked up many of mine and at very cheap prices. Sometimes 50p each. They may be missing tracks on some but I use elastic bands and if you really want to you can buy more realistic tracks from a model shop.

The figures that came with them were about 25/28mm and I do have a few of them. Detail is not bad for 40 years ago.

When I think of myself as a little boy craving these and look at what I've got now...I think little Me would have widdled himself with delight.
 lol

Yeah, 1/35 M2 half track treads fit them quite well. 

A schoolmate had the whole set (the rocket trucks, the car with the wings that popped out) back in the day (mid-late 1970s) but he also had the SHADO mobiles and interceptor and some Space 1999 stuff back then, too.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »
Yup they do look nice painted. One I did a while back. (Leds inside too!). :)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline MalcyBogaten

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 04:34:55 PM »
Your stuff puts my attempts to shame! All I do is a bit of a repaint and add a few spares. But I still love the vehicles.

Yup they do look nice painted. One I did a while back. (Leds inside too!). :)

I keep saying "NO MORE" but can't help myself when I see one for much cheapness!