Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hour of Glory  (Read 3605 times)

Offline warmacre

• Assistant
    • warmacre.com
Hour of Glory
« on: February 07, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »
Hi, this is my first post although I have been a visitor for a while.

I am one of the creators of the game Hour of Glory and I have noticed some interest in our game here and I thought I might be a bit cheeky and try to introduce the game a bit more...

The game is set in WW2 behind the enemy lines of the Barvarian mountains where a German Aristocrat has set himself up in his own little kingdom. Under the disguise of the HQ of a crack Gebirgsjaeger corps he plans to rule the world after the inevitable fall of the Third Reich the destruction of the allies forces. It is the job of an SOE and OSS break away team to uncover this plot and enter the stronghold to stop 'the Baron'.

The game is priniciply a miniatures game on a board (not a boardgame as such) with 2-4 players. If you would like to learn more, please go to our website at http://www.warmacre.com or download some sample pdf files and our free fanzine (Killing Time) at http://www.wargamingonline.com/catalog/index.php/manufacturers_id/48

We supply a full range of miniatures for the game as well as new rules, scenarios etc and even have our own forum for Q&A and announcements etc.

We do currently have a special introductory promotion - From now until the end of February we are offering the following deal:

Download the pdf version of Hour of Glory from  Wargaming Online  for £10 (US$19.95 at time of writing) and we will post a starter set of miniatures worth £7.50 (US$14.93) (plus postage) to you for free! When you make your download order, make sure you include your correct address and we will post the miniature pack to you there.

This starter set is all you will need to get going in a simple 2 player game: One allied character (randomly chosen from three sets of miniatures), One commander (randomly chosen from three miniatures) and four German Sentries. The miniatures shown are an example of what you may receive. All our miniatures are made of white metal and are 28mm scale and suppled with plastic bases.

COMING SOON: Killing Time 3 with new characters and rules for Hour of Glory. This will be available as a free download from http://www.wargamingonline.com

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Hour of Glory
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »
Hullo Gav,

Welcome to the forum!  

I know a couple of bods from the HoG forum are on here as well, so no doubt they'll appear out of the woodwork at some point.

On a general note to everyone else; HoG is an excellent game. Its a great way to spend about 1.5hrs, and every game is interesting a different to the previous ones.
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline warmacre

• Assistant
    • warmacre.com
Hour of Glory
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 05:41:47 PM »
Cheers Xander!

Offline warmacre

• Assistant
    • warmacre.com
Hour of Glory
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »
Just a reminder - only 9 days left for this promotion!

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Hour of Glory
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 08:34:15 PM »
Hey, I'd missed this.
But I made up for it and bought it - and I think I'm going to enjoy this. I like the idea of a tiled board for this sort of game :)  8)  8)

Offline dodge

• Scatterbrained Genius
Hour of Glory
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
I got it a while back.

Painting WW2 germans drove me mad but I learnt a lot from that.

Have read the rules but not yet played. Want to paint uo the figures first

only 6 to go.

Got bunker storm too now that does look good.

Dodge

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Hour of Glory
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »
And the special offer models arrived today - yay!
Thank you Mr. Warmacre. The sentry with crossed arms is particularly nice.  8)  8)

Offline dusser

• Librarian
    • http://hodgepodgelodger.blogspot.com/
Hour of Glory
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 07:50:23 PM »
Great deal!  I've been interested in Hour of Glory for a while now but could not afford it.  Now I have the rules bought, printed and spiral bound.  Gotta read up and start of the cards, tiles etc.

Thanks,
David

Offline warmacre

• Assistant
    • warmacre.com
Hour of Glory
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 10:38:24 AM »
Thanks guys!

If anyone else wants to take advantage of this deal - the last day is Friday, so get downloading!

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Hour of Glory
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 06:28:30 PM »
They now have a new website forum:

http://www.warmacre.com/
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
Re: Hour of Glory
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 11:36:15 AM »
me and the kids play it at a con pretty fun I just havnt got around to pick it up I tired to join the forum with no luck.