Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:15:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hellboy  (Read 15162 times)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
Hellboy
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:10:58 PM »
Is this the right board? Apologies if there is another thread about this somewhere else. I just noticed this:

https://manticblog.com/2018/01/05/mantic-games-hellboy-board-game/

Presumably a Kickstarter some time down the line. Mantic havr done such a great job translating the Walking Dead comic into a game I'm mildly interested in this even though it's not my usual thing!

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Re: Hellboy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 07:15:33 PM »
I just got that email today as well. I was thinking of starting a thread, but wasn't sure where it would go either, lol. This seems like a good enough place.

The blog says it is supposed to launch in April 2018... I will keep my eye on the KS. But that usually means the actual game won't be released until 2019, if usual KS wait times are anything to go by.
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »
It's interesting it's going to be a board game, not a miniatures game. I'm assuming something like the Conan/Batman monolith games maybe?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:52:43 PM »
Hmmm...pretty cool idea and setting, but I’m not sure about Mantic. They had some awesome stuff recently but still now and then random models are totally not suiting my taste.

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 02:35:36 AM »
The difference here is that they won't be using their own designs. They'll be going off Mike Mignola's stuff. I would dare say they've done a good job capturing the spirit of the art in The Walking Dead, so I have hope that their models will be true to ignola's vision.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 09:13:31 AM »
The difference here is that they won't be using their own designs. They'll be going off Mike Mignola's stuff. I would dare say they've done a good job capturing the spirit of the art in The Walking Dead, so I have hope that their models will be true to ignola's vision.

I really hope so. TWD is certainly Mantic‘s finest hour yet. On the other hand, I heard many people complain about the material they used for their ... Saga titles.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
I really hope so. TWD is certainly Mantic‘s finest hour yet. On the other hand, I heard many people complain about the material they used for their ... Saga titles.
I can only agree, I am very unhappy with many Star Saga pieces, mostly the furniture and scenery parts are so warped, that you can only dump them!
 >:( :( :(
But being a Hellboy fan I hope that they will do it in the same quality as TWD and all is fine.
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
Hyped about Hellboy miniatures but slight worried that its Mantic seems to be the common reaction everywhere and I'm no different.

I'd like to know which BPRD investigators will be available, they say that up to four people can play but only mention 3 characters.

I'm also interested in the scale. 28mm would be my favorite and 32mm is doable, but 35mm means that it would be hard to find good alternate/extra models (apart from other board games).

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »
I can only agree, I am very unhappy with many Star Saga pieces, mostly the furniture and scenery parts are so warped, that you can only dump them!
But being a Hellboy fan I hope that they will do it in the same quality as TWD and all is fine.

Agreed. I’m only excited because of the big red one!

Dark Horse had an incredible Black Friday sale and I bought an enormous amount of digital comics which has helped to keep me hyped!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
I'm also interested in the scale. 28mm would be my favorite and 32mm is doable, but 35mm means that it would be hard to find good alternate/extra models (apart from other board games).

Yep. It would be a wasted opportunity if they would not make it compatible to Warlord, Perry and their own plastics.

Offline tomcat51

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 09:56:40 PM »
No, don't dump them! I dropped mine in boiling water and they snapped back into shape perfectly. I then put them in cold water to keep the position. Anyway, Hellboy could go in the Superhero thread, Weird Wars or the Cthulhu one, it's that varied. Mantic are really improving on the miniatures front and I love all things Hellboy. I'll back this just for the minis I think.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:24 PM »
First mini shown, damnit they’re going to make me buy this.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »
Love the Hellboy figure.
Will have to keep an eye out for this.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »
I am excited for this. The Walking Dead stuff is rather decent and true the comics. Looking forward to this.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 12:34:04 AM »
Hmm.  This is a dangerous thing...
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."