Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Photobucket fix?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Photobucket fix?
« on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:57 PM »
Photobucket fix

Found in another forum a fix for the "broken" photobucket links.

I have tested it in Chrome, there are similar solutions for other browsers...

Ctrl+V from another place:
"As we know photobucket has gone down the charging route and some great photos from the pages on this thread have all but gone. Use these instructions below and trust me it works. I can see all the photobucket photos on here again. Its from Google and is free.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

Feel free to share on other forums

Offline emosbur

• Mad Scientist
    • A COVA DO TRASNO
Re: Photobucket fix?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »
Many thanks Rich.

Emilio.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:06:50 AM »
If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the top right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

Feel free to share on other forums
Looks like Chrome has three options when you follow the instructions above.
I just installed the top one "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" and works fine.

Also, seems there is a Firefox fix as well.

If anyone can find a fix for Photobucket for Mobile devices i would appreciate knowing.

Grimm

Offline petercooman123

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
really works!!!

Thanks a lot!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:14:33 AM »
Do note though that the Firefox version of "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" has been demonstrated to collect browser data in that it sent every URL typed to an external address. The Google Chrome variant modifies advert tracking data to redirect advert revenue to the add-on-creator, apparently.

For this reason, do note that you are using said add-ons at your own risk and it is not endorsed or encouraged in any way by LAF. From a privacy point of view, I must strongly advise against it.

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:32:21 PM »
...The Google Chrome variant modifies advert tracking data to redirect advert revenue to the add-on-creator...

Thanks for the heads-up.  I've removed it from my browser

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
Do note though that the Firefox version of "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" has been demonstrated to collect browser data in that it sent every URL typed to an external address. The Google Chrome variant modifies advert tracking data to redirect advert revenue to the add-on-creator, apparently.

For this reason, do note that you are using said add-ons at your own risk and it is not endorsed or encouraged in any way by LAF. From a privacy point of view, I must strongly advise against it.
Is this the case for all three of the Hot Fix options listed?

Grimm

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »
Is this the case for all three of the Hot Fix options listed?

Grimm

Specifically, it affects "Photobucket Hotlink Fix". Others might have security issues as well, but I haven't yet come across official warnings (then again, I don't use extensions/addons beyond scriptblockers).

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 05:37:49 AM »
To clarify my previous wording:

Based on an IT security article, the Firefox add-on "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" sends all website addresses to an undisclosed recipient and should therefore be considered spyware.

This poses a severe risk, for example if using online banking, and therefore we suggest to our users not to install it or, if they have already installed it, uninstall it. LAF cannot endorse this addon and cannot be held responsible for any damage it may cause. Use at your own risk.

Other add-ons might have similar issues. Please read user comments or Google any software before installing it.