Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690908
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The horror of gifts for geeks...  (Read 1670 times)

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
The horror of gifts for geeks...
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »
Ok so I just tried to make a purchase from this bag of turd website on Thursday.

After selecting the next day delivery service which I paid a premium for I was informed my order would not arrive until next Monday.
Now to me that is not next day, nor is it what I paid for.

Usually after the Thursday cut off time you expect it to go out on Friday and be with you for Saturday but noooooo their delivery company doesn't deliver over the weekend.

Now this doesn't bother me, what DOES bother me is that they did not in form me of this when I paid for the service which if I had known that at the time I would not have paid for the delivery charge
 and after emailing about a refund for that service which I was not getting they have been dragging it out like pathetic children.

Now after agreeing to give a refund for the postage cost, they have not sent me the refund and now have stopped replying to me.

Has anyone else had bad experiences with them?
Has anyone had any good experiences with them?
.: Logan's band of survivors of the battle of Ursun's teeth :.

For blog posts with more info here.....
http://let-the-galaxy-burn-again.blogspot.co.uk/
And the vlogs here....
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzyMQNtc1ANwIbEN80M-gwA

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: The horror of gifts for geeks...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 01:47:22 PM »
What site are you talking about?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 04:06:43 PM »
A site called giftsforgeeks.org.uk
More of a venting rant really to be honest as I'm so far out of pocket still.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 04:42:45 PM »
Gifts for geeks is the online site of tabletop tyrant, my local store. The guys in there are nice, and generally speaking i've never had trouble with them.

When i worked as an artist assistant they were the only store that would sell us large amounts of Vallejo paint ,everyone else didn't want the hassle.

They are in the middle of rebuilding their website and most likely shipping preorders for games workshops latest release. They're also producing their own range of cases and running nightly magic tournaments, so they're most likely understaffed. 
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:57:58 PM »
That's no ruddy excuse.
If they can't provide a service they shouldn't advertise it.
Just because it's being run by a couple of nice blokes doesn't make it OK.

I do find it incredibly frustrating when any service provider, no matter how big or small, are quite ready to take my money and then send me the stuff. Eventually.
I wonder how they'd feel if it was the other way round - they send me the stuff and then I'll pay. Eventually.

No.
Totally unacceptable. And running a sodding Magic tournament is most definitely not an excuse.
If they're rebuilding their website that's not a reason to abandon the current one. It should still be monitored and updated until the new one is ready.
If they are busy fulfilling other orders (for sodding Games Workshop!) then they should put a hold on accepting other orders.
The VERY least they could do is put a notice about delays on their website.

If they can't be bothered to do any of that then they deserve the bad reputation they get.

"Has anyone else had bad experiences with them?
Has anyone had any good experiences with them? "

You see that, that's the question i was responding too.

Calm drown, drink less coffee.
Not every minor annoyance is a deliberate attempt to undermine your hobby enjoyment, sometimes customers just fall through the net.

Offline Derek H

• Librarian
  • Derek H
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
Their next day delivery is actually specified in their shopping cart as "next working day delivery", so that excludes Saturdays.  

You seem to be slagging them off for not providing a service they don't offer. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:08:57 PM by Derek H »

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 05:32:40 PM »
In my experience, Saturday is a standard delivery day. I've had lots if orders come through on a Saturday.

My beef lies with not being warned of that. In a day and age when Saturday has become a common place delivery not everyone, like myself, doesn't know these things. If theu had have been nice about it when I emailed them and not rude about it, I would not have reached this way.

When I have bought things in the past in multiple sites, if I have clicked a delivery option which is like that above, it has warned me and asked if I still want to go with that option. In which most of the time I opt for different.

And even now, when their director has said to give a refund for it, they haven't and have stopped replying to me. At no point in my ten year customer service career have I ever pawned someone of just because they didn't understand something.

I understand that yes they may be busy but I've been busy at work before and that doesn't mean I should just stop dealing with a customer or take something less seriously.
It would have been easier for them to explain the situation and go "boop" here is the small refund of the postage and for me to keep in mind the situation for the future. Instead of getting sarcastic and dragging it out. It was a farely large order after all.

Offline Derek H

• Librarian
  • Derek H
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 05:45:20 PM »
In my experience, Saturday is a standard delivery day. I've had lots if orders come through on a Saturday.

My beef lies with not being warned of that. In a day and age when Saturday has become a common place delivery not everyone, like myself, doesn't know these things. If theu had have been nice about it when I emailed them and not rude about it, I would not have reached this way.

You may not like it, but Saturday is not normally counted as a "working day" for things like this.  It's a commonly used terminology referring to work in most offices.  

And they even specify a different cost for Saturday Courier Delivery.

It's not fair for you to blame them for your lack of understanding.    

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:49:51 PM by Derek H »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 05:49:00 PM »
Everybody please calm  down a bit. Thank you.
, ,

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 05:52:57 PM »
You may not like it, but Saturday is not normally counted as a "working day" for things like this.  It's a commonly used terminology referring to work in most offices, and it's not fair for you to blame them for your lack of understanding. 

I'm not blaming them for my lack of understanding, I'm blaming them for not seeing it from my point of view which I explained in my email to them.
If they had have been nice about dealing with it, I wouldn't feel so bitter about it.

The fact that they have also stopped replying to me, as well as not following through with their agreed refund is also infuriating.

I've learnt from the experience that Saturday is not classed as a working day and won't make the mistake again. But that still doesn't take away the fact that the problem is still unresolved because they have stopped emailing me.

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 05:54:21 PM »
Everybody please calm  down a bit. Thank you.

Don't worry I'm quite calm here, just a a bit concerned is all.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »
Don't worry I'm quite calm here, just a a bit concerned is all.

As i said, the guys there are friendly, If over stretched. Try giving them a ring tomorrow and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out somehow.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 06:35:06 PM »
Thanks guys

Offline matthais-mouse

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »
As i said, the guys there are friendly, If over stretched. Try giving them a ring tomorrow and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out somehow.

The problem is I work Monday to Friday which is why I had planned for the delivery to be a Saturday when I'm home. I even said this to them. Plus if I call them I think I'd probably just get passed around like I already have been. I'm afraid I've lost enthusiasm with dealing with them by this point.

When they emailed me saying they where going to give a refund of the postage, it should have been done there and then and it would have been ended at that. I'd have given my neigh our the key and texted her at the alloted time to take delivery but now I have no idea what's going on, still no refund and so just unsure what to do. I just want the full refund and they can recall the parcel and I have told them as much too.

Offline Lysandros

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 11:36:43 PM »
Sounds like a storm in a tea cup.
Take it on the chin its nothing to loose your rag about  a few quid..