Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:02:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Google searches coming up empty; has lead-adventure.de turned away Google?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
For some time, any search I run using the "site:leadadventureforum.com" or "www.site:leadadventureforum.com" Google syntax or variations comes up empty, or gives few and strange results--essentially to the point of appearing broken. I tend to search the archive a lot using google and google images especially, and have found tons of wonderful content here that way. Not sure when it "broke" but it was within the year. For example, if I'm making a graveyard I'll do an google image search for graveyard. Or if I'm looking for a painted example of a certain figure or range. When I search for Graveyard today I get one result to start (the same as Gw Graveyard Earth? - Lead Adventure Forum: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=67975.0) and I can "repeat the search with the omitted results included " and I get one more result, the text-only version of the same page. Go to the image tab and it's empty. "Zombies" gets a few more results when you expand the ommitted, but it's clear from the output something is not working as expected.

So, has lead-adventure turned away robots or is it restricting them to the point where they can't do their job? If so, seems unwise, as it seems that would be the #1 entry point for new members, and essential to keep the life-blood flowing. Or is there some other explanation?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:02:42 AM by Spooktalker »

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
the reason are hardware issues, we had a lot of outages in the last weeks and this is up to the huge numbers of bots crawling through LAF. We're looking for a solution for the hardware problem but for the time being the bots have to stay outside.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Not surprised and the LAF machine does a grand job, If you go on the Lardies group which I also pop in each day owing to the good vibe on there they regularly get hit by bots  ;D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
the huge numbers of bots crawling through LAF.

This makes it all sound terribly cyberpunk.  :D
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
the reason are hardware issues, we had a lot of outages in the last weeks and this is up to the huge numbers of bots crawling through LAF. We're looking for a solution for the hardware problem but for the time being the bots have to stay outside.

Thanks for the info and good luck with the hardware issue! Makes sense.