Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:25:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] Dream Pod 9 Utopia... or Drones Drones and more Drones  (Read 891 times)

Offline haywire

• Lurker
    • Haywire's Hobbies (Draft in progress)
[KS] Dream Pod 9 Utopia... or Drones Drones and more Drones
« on: January 26, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heavygearblitz/heavy-gear-blitz-utopia-armed-forces-plastic-minia

Even if you don't play Heavy Gear this bundle has a bunch of nice Drones that can be used for 6mm, 15mm, and 28mm gaming and they have several options to convert to other types…

Imagine these supporting your mechanical army in their destruction of all humans!

6x Tracked Drones 20mm tall
- Bomb or Bomb Disposal Drone
- Space Hulk CAT
- Scientific Observation Drone
- FO drone

6x Flying Drones 26mm high on base not sure how tall the peg is. Imagine this flying through your 28mm Corporate building or your wasteland as a border patrol drone.

6x Chicken Walker Drones 19mm Tall
- Patrolling the outside of your terrorist site.
- Patrolling the sewers looking for Radioactive Adolescent mammals.
- AT-ST proxies for 6mm Armies

Golems 25-27mm tall
- 15mm or 6mm Landmates

Large Robots
Recce 35mm Tall has a lot of thrusters
Commando Armiger 38mm tall
Support Armiger 26mm tall is this tracked or is this hover? Either way I definitely see this as a Robot Tank

And then there is the GIGANTIC TANK!!!

Or you can place them together and have them sing you a goodbye song…

Dream Pod 9 has been pretty honorable with their KS's. The first Heavy Gear one was about a year late, and the Jovian Chronicles ship one was about 6 months late. That is a lot Faster than most KS's I have signed on with in the past (and that is not including the Robotech one).

Offline mdauben

• Scientist
Re: [KS] Dream Pod 9 Utopia... or Drones Drones and more Drones
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »
I've played Heavy Gear on and off for many years.  I got in on their first KS for the Caprise and CEF miniatures and when I saw this I jumped at the chance to pledge for Utopia.  

As you may guess from my choices (if you are familiar with the game), I like the odd ball forces that play a little differently than the norm.  Caprise is all four legged "spider" mecha, CEF uses a lot of hover tanks, and now Utopia uses a lot of unmanned drones (plus that ginormous tank!).  This one is going to be close but I'm really hoping it does indeed get funded.   :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:35:09 PM by mdauben »
Mike