Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686600
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "Ego mortem Imperialis" - 40k Eversor (Inquisimunda)  (Read 1002 times)

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
"Ego mortem Imperialis" - 40k Eversor (Inquisimunda)
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:27:31 AM »

Eversor made from skitarri legs, IG command squad torso, skull pack head and a variety of other bits...

Here's the story behind him:

“He was never meant to be active for this long”

The voice sounded distant and mechanical even though he stood next to Inquisitor Vex. It appeared he had not spoken for ages.

“What?”

The sound of a rusted gear grinding into place seemed to clear the sound of the vox emitter from the technoseer. He looked up from the data-slate and continued.

“The construct, he was never intended for this duration. Generally they are active for only a few cycles, two or three, and then either expended, or retrieved and placed into cryo-stasis.”

“How long has it been active for?”

The technoseer depressed several runes, causing the data-logarithms to change in color and speed.

“It’s difficult to tell with certainty, many records have been expunged or corrupted.”

Vex’s eyes narrowed and he considered the technoseer, “If you had to guess, humor me.”

The technoseer appeared to sigh and his shoulders relaxed slightly.

“I do not like guessing” a lens, located above where his right eye would be, whirred back and forth, focusing on an object that wasn’t there ”...but with what I and the data-servitor were able to reconstitute, it appears he’s been active for seventy-two cycles. It’s quite unbelievable really, I don’t understand how he would be able to sustain his internal functions for that long.”

Vex considered this new information carefully, ensuring his internal reaction remained hidden.

“Who are its targets?”

“Unknown. In fact, that is almost stranger than how long it’s been active for. It appears to have been sent to the surface with no target or coordinate programing. As if it was simply unleashed and allowed to wander”

“What has it been...doing?”

“Well, murder… but that is the obvious answer. Otherwise it seems to be insistent on creating a general malaise of terror amongst the working class residents on the foundry level. It has seemed to even adopt a...persona if you will”

Vex’s eyes widened briefly. The constructs were not known to have creativity. They were also not known to be active for this extended period. 

“A persona?”

“Of an ancient beast from their lore, something called a Tardact, I believe. It means something akin to ‘Thief of Terror’ in low gothic. Apparently the legends say this beast would stalk the darkness to hunt, and eventually dismember its victims in the most gruesome and prolonged engagement possible. To feed from the terror, of course”

Vex activated a rune on his right wrist. A terse burst of vox static sounded twice in response.

“Of course” Vex straightened himself and let out a lung-full of air “I believe it is time for the Holy Inquisition to retrieve its wayward construct and go Tardact hunting…”

ClearHorizon Miniatures - 15mm Sci-Fi Miniatures
http://www.clearhorizonminiatures.com

ClearHorizon Salavge - 15mm Miniatures Blog
http://clearhorizonsalvage.blogspot.com

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: "Ego mortem Imperialis" - 40k Eversor (Inquisimunda)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:18:05 PM »
Nice modelling and a cool backstory: Eversor hunting - not for the faint hearted...
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline MrHarold

• Mad Scientist
  • Leading the way to where ever it is we're going...
    • ClearHorizon Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:42:35 PM »

Offline Ragsta

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 10:58:58 PM »

Nice use of parts, an evocative picture and good fluff! And now I need to kit bash an assassin...   ::)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 01:14:52 PM »
Nice work.  The Eversor is probably my favourite assassin.  Just the utter craziness is very 40K. :D
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!