Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Necromundan Squat Mercenary  (Read 2760 times)

Offline FunkyBrush

• Scientist
    • FunkyBrush's Painting Blog
Re: Necromundan Squat Mercenary
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 03:51:29 PM »
A picture of the miniature:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/580542208189528180/

Painted:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/580542208189528077/

I don't like how he is holding his hammer, but otherwise a wonderfil sculpt. GW's charm offensive knows no end.
http://miniatures-painting.blogspot.com/

What a fascinating modern age we live in

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 04:54:35 PM »
Cool model although.. Arent he too tall for a Squattrooper ?

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »
I reckon he'll be similar in height to the Kharadron Overlord miniatures... so he'll be a bit taller than the original Squats.

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
not a fan. its time people let go of this stupid squat fascination.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »
not a fan. its time people let go of this stupid squat fascination.

I think that's what GW are tryng to make happen.

This is their version of saying "you want squats? HERE. NOW SOD OFF!"  lol
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 02:46:29 PM »
I think that's what GW are tryng to make happen.

This is their version of saying "you want squats? HERE. NOW SOD OFF!"  lol
I hope so.
but at the same time I don't believe they should pander to them even in a comical way.
they should be ignored and the money used to make the mold used on something people want. not some small group of selfish people who keep pestering for garbage.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »
I hope so.
but at the same time I don't believe they should pander to them even in a comical way.
they should be ignored and the money used to make the mold used on something people want. not some small group of selfish people who keep pestering for garbage.

Wow... I think you should just speak your mind, don't hold back at all... :D

Does everybody want Eldar? How about Necrons... does everybody want them? What about Ultra Marines... does everybody want them? Not to mention those pesky Primaris Marines... they are definitely what everybody wants... aren't they?

Anyone who doesn't want all of those is just selfish... all the money should go towards what I want and they should shut up!

It's a cool, single model (in my opinion... yours may differ and obviously does) and if a lot of people buy it, there may be one or two more... it would be foolish not to release a few more if you are raking in money from them. If not a lot of people buy it (especially seeing as it's only likely to be a small group of selfish people who keep pestering for garbage), then it will remain a single miniature.

Either way, it's not worth getting all wound up about. It's here... if you are so mortally opposed to it, why not take a nice little trip and camp outside GW HQ with a banner :) :

I'm probably one of those selfish people who keep pestering for garbage ;)

... and Squats are a few years older than you are... maybe they should be questioning your existence too  lol

Cheers :)

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:03:42 PM by Inso »

Offline Neunfinger

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 06:07:51 PM »
Inso, your post is just plain hilarious and the best kind of response one could think of.
I don't quite understand the need to tell other people to stop their obsession with a special kind of niche-hobby-toy-soldiers and get real. As in being obsessed with another kind of niche-hobby-toy-soldier, clearly more worthy of attention.
 ;)

Offline necromorph

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 12:36:47 PM »
I've only just learnt about this due to Mantic doing a spoof of the video (Which I think is a bit pathetic on Mantic's behalf. With their reputation, I don't think they're in any position to make fun of another company.)

I'm glad to see Squat's back. I think GW has really made a U turn in recent years from what they had been, and these kinda winks and nods are perfect... Now, where's my 'stealer limo?!

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 01:15:50 PM »
I've only just learnt about this due to Mantic doing a spoof of the video (Which I think is a bit pathetic on Mantic's behalf. With their reputation, I don't think they're in any position to make fun of another company.)

I'm glad to see Squat's back. I think GW has really made a U turn in recent years from what they had been, and these kinda winks and nods are perfect... Now, where's my 'stealer limo?!

I quite liked Mantics video! It made me laugh anyway.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Inso's World
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2018, 01:54:58 PM »

How can you do that?! Mention a video and not leave a link:

Funny and a clever way of jumping on coat tails. It's already got some free advertising... :o

Mantic weren't even a thought when the last Squats were officially sold at GW, so let them enjoy themselves like the padawan they are :)

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2018, 04:51:15 PM »
How can you do that?! Mention a video and not leave a link:

Funny and a clever way of jumping on coat tails. It's already got some free advertising... :o

Mantic weren't even a thought when the last Squats were officially sold at GW, so let them enjoy themselves like the padawan they are :)

If Mantic wanted me to think of GW (clock smash), of obscure 80's action figure lines (not in a good way) and Ash's Guerrilla Miniature Games (the music) then their video worked.  lol