Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Sengoku Jidaļ] Draft for a campaign system (Chugoku 1515-1585)  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...
Hi everybody !

I had to work on it someday, but discussions with Euthanasor (a friend of mine) made me start the job!

So I sketched out a campaign system for playing in Japan, in the Chugoku region (Western part of Honshu) between about 1515 and 1585. (1585 being about the arrival of the armies of Oda Nobunaga / Hashiba Hideyoshi in the region)

1515 is the year when Takeda from Aki province (a branch of Takeda Kai) returns to his home province: it was 10 years they were fighting for the Ouchi (governors of Suo and Nagato) in Kyoto, against the Hosokawa.

The Takeda have enough, break with the Ouchi, return to Aki and form an alliance with the Izumo's Amago.

The Amago drove out of power, the Kyogoku, who were the governors of Izumo.

The Amago will try to overthrow the Ouchi's power and seize the Chugoku. They will find on their way a certain Mori clan ...  :D

I did some important research (I learned a lot of things and could make some additions to the article I had already written about the rise of power of  the Mori clan) and I managed to locate most of the clans and their main fortresses.

The system will be used either to simply generate realistic scenarios, or to play a campaign with orders that will be sent to the referee who will give the result of the actions, some battles could be played on the table. (I am working on an Excell file to facilitate the writing of orders and their correction).

It is for the moment completely experimental, for pleasure, it nevertheless allowed me to refine the choice of clans that will be represented in my project! And also to predict my next scratchbuilt buildings!

I'm already showing you the maps, then I'll make  later a general presentation of the project and I'll introduce the draft rules.

Offline Osmoses

• Scientist
    • Tenka Fubu: Sengoku Jidai 'blog
Re: [Sengoku Jidaļ] Draft for a campaign system (Chugoku 1515-1585)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 07:25:42 PM »
Nice. I'll be interested in what you do with this. My own Sengoku project was aimed at the fighting in Harima province between the Mori and Hashiba Hideyoshi. I've been thinking about some kind of campaign too, but it would have to be one without an umpire and preferably without map movement.

Offline Euthanasor

• Librarian
Re: [Sengoku Jidaļ] Draft for a campaign system (Chugoku 1515-1585)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 10:29:40 AM »
Continue, Byblos !

Offline Byblos

• Mad Scientist
  • Les Echelles du Levant ...