Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 8th May but doesn't end well  (Read 9046 times)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
    • Vagabond's Wargaming Blog
Re: A Western Adventure - The Incident in Little Whiskey an AAR
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »
That would be giving the game away  lol lol

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 11:17:20 PM »

AWESOME scenery, minis and pictures!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Vagabond, I really like the way you combined materials and techniques to build your town, great ideas and insights there!

And - you know - any good AAR is even better with figures in clear bases!  :D
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 11:07:24 AM »
AWESOME scenery, minis and pictures!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Vagabond, I really like the way you combined materials and techniques to build your town, great ideas and insights there!

And - you know - any good AAR is even better with figures in clear bases!  :D

Cheers mate - I always like it when you're enthusiastic, unlike when you tell me it's crap and won't read it.  lol lol lol

Vampifan was right about the next building going up in town, but the ladies of the night didn't arrive on the last stage so you might not be interested.

This is the opening to the game:-

A Western Adventure - Big Trouble in Little Whiskey

When the Insurance man comes calling in Little Whiskey you'd better have the money to pay him or alternatively a big gun and lots of ammunition, preferably with some amigo's to back your play.

The town is booming and Little Whiskey is growing at an amazing rate, another new building has been erected in record time and to the right of it there is the lumber for yet another one. There’s money to be made out west, if only in the haulage and building trades.

Whiskey Jack has decided to take out a Building and Contents Insurance Policy on the Tail Feathers Saloon and these four are it.

Alice De Witt likes to keep her Henry .44 carbine close but her Colt Navy closer still, next to her is Texas Red who hopefully you will have encountered before, a young lady who is building a reputation for getting shot as well as a reputation for getting back up afterwards.
Then there is J.J. Tucker late of the Arizona Rangers, he quit after that fracas up in Montana and now he is making a living as best he can, he remains faithful to his twin Walker's Colts, old fashioned, impossibly slow to load but getting shot with them is like being run over by a train.
The fourth man you met briefly in the last episode, drinking in the bar, Mississippi Sam Shaw who hails from Missouri (same joke as last time but I didn't hear anyone laugh) He carries twin Colts but has a liking for a short barrelled double barrelled shotgun pistol, quite an unusual gun.

If this interests you the post is here https://vagabondswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/a-western-adventure-big-trouble-in.html

Cheers

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »
Cheers mate - I always like it when you're enthusiastic, unlike when you tell me it's crap and won't read it.  lol lol lol

Every time I say it's crap because of the non-clear bases and I won't read it means you must read between the lines!  ;)

And the picture to inspire you in your next travels - local girls really like minis:

:D

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Incident in Little Whiskey an AAR and Now Big Trouble in Little Whiskey
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2018, 10:10:47 AM »
Lovely set up and great photos of the action.  can't wait to see how it pans out.

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
Re: The Incident in Little Whiskey an AAR and Now Big Trouble in Little Whiskey
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 12:31:08 PM »
I'm on a roll with playing western games that are loosely based on the building of the town of Little Whiskey. This is the latest.

A Western Adventure - Gunfight in Little Whiskey

The town is growing apace and Rob ‘Slim’ Tilney has just opened his gun shop. In such a lawless place he is bound to make a killing! Perhaps I mean – bound to make a lot of money.

Slim on his front porch, viewing his new home town and wondering if he will settle here, unlike the previous, well countless places he has tried before.

A close up of the back of previous new building in town – the Westmoreland Grocery Company Store. The business occupying the top floor is Blond Edna’s Saloon and Brothel. Edna has not arrived in town yet, but she has sent on her old signs from the previous business which was very successful - until the pox hit town, her girls died and so did her customers. She doesn’t advertise this fact – but that’s marketing for you.

Over in the coral Jim is also in deep conversation with Shawnee Mary, he does seem to have some attraction for good looking women, could it be that big bushy beard or the pot belly, tricky!!!

Stepping out into the centre of the street Joe drawls “I think we have a little business to settle here – don’t you hombre”?

If you think this might interest you the full story is on my blog

https://vagabondswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/a-western-adventure-gunfight-in-little.html

If not thanks for reading so far.

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
Re: Little Whiskey - The Story Continues 28th Feb
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 01:44:26 PM »
As brilliant as ever, John! You are an inspiration to us all!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »

HILARIOUS! Every AAR is even better when the minis are properly in CPB!  lol

Looking forward to see MORE, and please don't forget the Chaos in Cambridgeshire sequel!  ;)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 05:35:26 PM »
Thanks to the pair of you, very much appreciate the encouragement.

Dino - CinC, it's not the sequel that I want to get on with, it's the sequel to the sequel, there are about 20 figures I painted a year ago and so far they have never made it to the table.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »
Dino - CinC, it's not the sequel that I want to get on with, it's the sequel to the sequel, there are about 20 figures I painted a year ago and so far they have never made it to the table.

I enjoyed very much the first CinC game; your use of ECW figures gave it a Witchfinder General feel that I really appreciated!  :D   

And the very rare hairless werewolves are PRICELESS!!!  lol

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2018, 02:08:02 AM »
Messieur L'Vagabond, sir,

I have a variety of rather serious issues to raise with you - and I expect substantial support by the other denizens in this thread, too.

The litany:

Your posts regarding Little Whiskey are exceedingly scant in their number and this needs to be rectified.

In addition, the posts are separated by excessive lags of temporal wastage betwixt one another.  This, too, needs to be rectified.

And - the horror, sir, the horror - you've intimidated that you will be soon done with the building of Little Whiskey.  That is a travesty, Messieur, that ought not be allowed to stand.  How can this be fixed?  You must expand onto yet another stand of terrain, sir.  You must.  Such a calamity must be avoided.  It must.

Why, you may wonder?  Tis but a simple answer, sirrah, a simple point of fact.

Where else can we go to get our fix of Little Whiskey's ever growing and mysteriously entertaining construction?

I anticipate a like minded chorus to sound off on this matter, sir, I most certainly do.

Please to start the contemplation of that additional board - where you will be expected to display your renewed efforts in the world of adobe-fication.

No excuses will be tolerated, Messieur.  Your audience would be horribly, horribly, sir, disappointed.

Rant - temporarily - concluded.    ;)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 09:25:02 AM »
Well said, sir!  lol lol lol lol lol

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2018, 12:55:11 PM »
A LAF star is being born here before our very eyes and having shared a table with this gentleman - both wargame and victuals - I can state no-one deserves it less more :).

Little Whiskey 🥃 is a must-read thread and most comforting entertainment as we cower before the combined wrath of The Beast From The East and Storm Emma.

Little Whiskey but lots of calvados, eh, John?

Doug

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 01:52:27 PM »

Well said, Mr. Doug!  ;)

Offline Vagabond

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 12:23:27 AM »
And the very rare hairless werewolves are PRICELESS!!!  lol

Dino you have an amazing memory, I look through some threads on here and think hell that's good, and then part way down the thread I find my icon and me saying, hell that's good, and I can't remember saying it. :'(

FifteensAway  I'm sorry I just don't have space for another board, so when it's done, it's done.
These buildings were originally just intended to be temporary refurbishments of old buildings I already had, I just wanted to get on and play games. My intention was to replace them as and when time allowed with coffee stirrer buildings but I don't think that will happen any time soon because like most of us, new ideas keep popping up and there's only a limited amount of time.
I'm off to Japan via the stone age, I think.
Blonde Edna may need an extension built or the girls will be having to hot bed because there are three of them and only one bed. ;)

Vampifan and Doug, cheers.