Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sniper position created  (Read 1487 times)

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
    • http://www.victorian-steel.com/
Sniper position created
« on: February 18, 2018, 01:22:39 PM »
Sniper position created

01 - First i began with a large round MDF base, black foamboard was used for the walls, i used Bosik
for sealing them together.

02 - 3mm cork tile cut into brickwork, i overlapped the edges, dont bother cutting the brick to fit the
walls, we can do this much later, leave small gaps between each brick, i also used matchstick crafts
sticks for the door casing....much better than normal matchsticks, they are smaller and much neater.

03 - I then used more foamboard to creat the platform inside the walls, balsa wood is used for the support
beams for my flooring.The cork bricks are filled with mortar...i used filler, then a small damp rag to remove
some of the mortar, then a dry rag or tissue, leave over night to dry.

04 -  Coffee stirrers for my wood flooring, and where i never did any brickwork, i gave a touch of Daz clay,
the brickwork at this stage would be cut to fit the edges and i also chipped away at a number of bricks
to create that damaged look.

05 - On the Daz clay i would PVA glue some fine sand, to give it some sort of texture, simply paint up
and place the snipers in postion....job done, well i hope i have given some ideas to others, snipers will
always find great postions on the battle field, i just find this a good way to represent that.

The Victorian Outpost

Its a new gaming place in Grimsby with new terrain and new scenery, lots of respect for all wargamers and is the best place to game in town.

Anybody who wishes to visit the venue to arrange a game then  just pm me and lets roll those dice.

http://www.victorian-steel.co

Offline z1pp132002

• Librarian
Re: Sniper position created
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 08:03:15 AM »
Excellent work!

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:45:53 PM »
They look great.

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 07:21:29 AM »
Thanks guys

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:37:05 AM »
Very interesting concepts,

It's exceptionally difficult to model a position for an observation and firing . As everything you do to represent such an act is diametrically opposed to the reality.
Although the khaki in me isn't convinced. The gamer says fair play for coming up a solution that fits your gaming needs.

Mark.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »
Very interesting concepts,

It's exceptionally difficult to model a position for an observation and firing . As everything you do to represent such an act is diametrically opposed to the reality.
Although the khaki in me isn't convinced. The gamer says fair play for coming up a solution that fits your gaming needs.

Mark.

Indeed. Nice modelling but he’d be a bloody silly sniper if he he perched himself up on a platform with no effort at concealment and apparently no easy egress from his position. Dead for a ducat adter the first shot.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »
Thanks guys, i know what you are saying but on a wargame table its hard to create the perfect sniper spot, i suppose i could of just put some sort of cover over them and just show a barrel ... thinking about it that would of saved me a few quid...idea taken, i will create one for a future game.

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
We tend to put them next to buildings and fire them from any face as we assume they are not suicidai.it is purely a representation