Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691473
  • Total Topics: 118393
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My personal farewell to TMP - it was nice while it last  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
My personal farewell to TMP - it was nice while it last
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
It has been 15 years since I joined TMP. More, if you count when TMP was just a database of manufacturers and not much else. As of yesterday my account has been locked. Apparently, I have been arrogant and that is a behaviour that won't be tolerated in TMP. The offending post included, according one of the supporting editors, a snarky comment: "Learn French, read a book". It is a remark so unusual in me that I denied too have written such a thing. When asked to show the message, the editor wasn't able to produce it and her answer was to lock my account for good, while ignoring my emails.

I can be arrogant. Particularly, when I am discussing with some people that I consider are behaving in an irritating, obtuse manner. However, I also have a "style" of arrogance. My sin is sarcasm, not snarky comments.

Alas, I can't say goodbye to people that I have come to appreciate with the years. I know that some former or current TMPrs have found in Lead Adventure Forum a place where debate, exchange information and show their wargaming projects/games. If anyone of you read this post, please say farewell in my name to Whirlwind, 42ndflanker and Supercillious Maximus.

Of course, all of the above is my version of the facts, not the Truth with capital T. I have found the moderation in that forum inconsistent and somewhat vindictive. One of the things I really do like in Lead Adventure is that moderators are very reasonable people.

Apologies for using this venue, but I didn't know where else to ask for passing my farewells to those TMPrs I mentioned before.

Antonio Carrasco
aka basileus66 (TMP)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: My personal farewell to TMP - it was nice while it last
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 05:44:23 PM »
Eh, I've found increasingly less of worth on TMP over the years.  Shame, since there's potential there, but I find the forum sections I go to spammed with thread after thread of useless "news" posts which reference something vaguely related to the forum's purpose.

The Old West forum section, for instance, is plagued with a constant barrage of links to anything on the internet which mentions the phrase "Old West"...it absolutely kills my interest, and pushes all of the active discussions off the page.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Inkpaduta

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »
Elbows,

Gee, I wonder who is doing that?  ;)
Main reason I left.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 05:53:05 PM »
Eh, I've found increasingly less of worth on TMP over the years.  Shame, since there's potential there, but I find the forum sections I go to spammed with thread after thread of useless "news" posts which reference something vaguely related to the forum's purpose.

The Old West forum section, for instance, is plagued with a constant barrage of links to anything on the internet which mentions the phrase "Old West"...it absolutely kills my interest, and pushes all of the active discussions off the page.

Yes, you are correct too. One of the reasons I moved to LAF was that it is more focused in actual wargames. Some threads are gold, if only for the inspiring painted miniatures in them.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »

Ah I see, you know when you have been Tangoed, only poster I have made invisible cheesy

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:46:16 PM »
Chaps,

we don't really encourage trash-talking other fora beyond the occasional witty quip, and since this thread is most likely going to go pear-shaped in no time, it might be best to call it a day sooner rather than later.

Offline nicknorthstar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 09:40:39 AM »
Personally I don't like to see threads attacking other forums. It's just my opinion, not policy, but I don't see the benefit of Bill visiting here and seeing his TMP being bad mouthed, any more than I'd like to see people criticising our forum there. Let's not stifle conversation, but maybe not have posts titled with other forums names from now on?