Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Masters of the Universe - She-Ra added (update 01/08)  (Read 55331 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
The size of the figures seems to be not that much more than the 32mm ones I've had.

The same maker of them made other figures that I'd used in D&D games with some repaints...mainly the Street Fighter line since I needed a monk and some of the wrestlers with minor conversion work.

That sounds like the infamous James Van Schaick set that some people received and many others did not (I was one of the latter unfortunately). From what I've heard and seen of those online, they were huge and more like beefy 40mm.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
The size of the figures seems to be not that much more than the 32mm ones I've had.

The same maker of them made other figures that I'd used in D&D games with some repaints...mainly the Street Fighter line since I needed a monk and some of the wrestlers with minor conversion work.

Somewhat off topic but since you mention wrestlers, the Rumbleslam range includes quite a few figs that are easily adapted to other uses - including at least a couple of Ken/Ryu types.

Offline modelwarrior

• Scientist
    • themodelwarrior
Just found this thread,hooked line and sinker lol

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
Somewhat off topic but since you mention wrestlers, the Rumbleslam range includes quite a few figs that are easily adapted to other uses - including at least a couple of Ken/Ryu types.

Rumbleslam minis are more than $1 each though...

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
Re: Masters of the Universe - She-Ra added (update 01/08)
« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2021, 03:17:10 PM »
Definitely rusty on painting female faces at 30mm scale, but I'm calling her done. 30mm She-Ra joins the Great Rebellion:
https://motu-wargames.blogspot.com/2021/08/great-rebellion-she-ra-princess-of-power.html

Great Rebellion - She-Ra, Princess of Power

She-Ra is Prince Adam/He-Man's twin sister, who leads the group of freedom fighters known as the Great Rebellion in the fight to free Etheria from the rule of Hordak and the Evil Horde. Wielding the twin sword to He-Man's Sword of Power, the Sword of Protection, she is He-Man's female counterpart in every way.

Like her brother, she was born on the planet Eternia to King Randor and Queen Marlena, as Princess Adora. Unlike her brother, she was kidnapped at birth by Hordak and taken to Etheria, where she grew up and served as a mind-controlled Horde Force Captain before He-Man learned of her existence and brought the Sword of Protection to her. While she was briefly reunited with her parents on Eternia, She-Ra decided to return to Etheria and lead the Great Rebellion against Hordak.

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said... By the power of Grayskull!

It's been a while since I painted 30mm figures and I was struggling a lot. I'm afraid my painting didn't do justice to the excellent model, which is another limited run resin tribute figure. I also decided to switch my Great Rebellion base colour over to the standard Heroic Warriors green bases as they aren't really a separate faction in the strict sense like the various Evil factions that are just as likely to fight each other instead of the good guys.

My very limited progress on the Great Rebellion so far. I need to paint up a few more figures for them:

Defending Castle Grayskull from Hordak and his Imp:

The twins. I do have another He-Man model waiting to be painted in the sword held aloft pose, which will be a better pairing for pictures:

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2021, 05:41:13 PM »
Does this mean we'll see a Catra as well?   ;D :D

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2021, 05:54:30 PM »
Looks good.  There a rainbow-unicorn-pegasus thing coming as well?

Catgirls are a thing.

I wonder if anyone's actually done/doing/planning on figs from the remake?  Probably someone out there doing unlicensed STL files for it by now.  Heck, for all I know there a burgeoning market for cartoon minis on etsy or someplace.

Rumbleslam minis are more than $1 each though...

True, but I wouldn't call them outrageously expensive either.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2021, 06:40:07 PM »

Yes, I have her based and undercoated awaiting her turn for a lick. Of paint.

Looks good.  There a rainbow-unicorn-pegasus thing coming as well?

Yes, I have the limited edition one from Archon Miniatures, just need some conversion work to make it match my foot model of She-Ra as I think that one is better.

I wonder if anyone's actually done/doing/planning on figs from the remake?  Probably someone out there doing unlicensed STL files for it by now.  Heck, for all I know there a burgeoning market for cartoon minis on etsy or someplace.

Haven't seen any, but I haven't looked either.

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »
I'm late to this thread  o_o, but your work here is stunning!! Very nice conversions and painting jobs  :-*.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2021, 05:19:46 PM »
Thanks! More to come.