Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Unable to post pics  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Unable to post pics
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 10:44:30 AM »
Jeff in the Gallery page where you’re looking at the categories, there’s a button just above called My Gallery. It’s via that that I upload pictures (and within which you can create your own categories).

I thought that a couple of years ago the gallery facility became available  to all members (IIRC it was originally just supporting members)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 04:07:42 PM »
Cheers Steve, I think I can upload pictures to the gallery but how do I then post them to various threads? o_o

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 04:11:12 PM »
Right click on the picture and select 'copy image location' and then paste that into the img tags in your post (icon right above the first smiley face).
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 04:21:33 PM »
Go to your from Gallery press the My Gallery button and you will have screen showing the categories you have created  with how many images are in each.

Select a category and you’ll be presented with a tabular layout (a grid) of the images within the category.

Press the image that you want to use and it will enlarge to fill the screen.

Next bit might just be for Apple users as I only use IPhone and IPad. Touch the centre of the image and a selection menu appears, from which choose Copy. That will not copy the image but its file address.

Go to the post you are writing and select the IMG tags in the normal way and then Paste between them. The file address will be inserted.

This might seem like a palaver but it’s actually very quick if you have LAF open on two tabs, as you can flit between the gallery and the post to copy and paste the image details.

Assuming you’ve mastered the above, it can be helpful to load the images to the Gallery in the right order, which when using batch loading is last image first. If you’ve loaded the images in the right order then you can save time as you can just select next or previous to take you to your next image rather than going back to the tabular index.

Edit - James snuck in with a short and sweet while I was attempting a comprehensive!  :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:25:19 PM by Silent Invader »

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 04:25:15 PM »
Cheers both,
I'll give this a go and if it works I'll buy you both a pint at BLAM ( knowing full well that you will have forgotten by then) ::)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »
Edit - James snuck in with a short and sweet while I was attempting a comprehensive!  :D

Always the way  :D

knowing full well that you will have forgotten by then) ::)

It's in the diary  ;)

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »
Done it but what a palava :o
Nick at Northstar has been in touch to say he's speaking to the chap who revamped the site to see if the attachment button can be returned.(I hope it can) :)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 05:52:43 PM »
Unfortunately I'm experiencing slightly different issues using Windows 10 both on tablet and phone.

I submit a post with attached images.(preview shows no issues.only once you press post.) it comes up with an error tells me to try again,and report if i return to this screen.
Retry including re attaching both the same and a different image. Preview okay. Then post and told I've made an error and double klick as the post has already been submitted.
This is happening with every post I tried to make with an image attached (tried with images id already posted on the forum, just to see if its the new images that it objects too or just everything of mine on principle.)

The forum doesn't seem to object to the written prattling's  of an old dyslexic,just his pics.
Any clues?

Mark.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 07:08:34 PM »
Done it but what a palava :o
Nick at Northstar has been in touch to say he's speaking to the chap who revamped the site to see if the attachment button can be returned.(I hope it can) :)

To be honest it’s pretty much functionally as it was before. The advantage over the attachment button is being able to place images within text.  :D I think only used the attachment button twice but when I did it was very useful.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:15:44 PM by Silent Invader »

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »
To be honest it’s pretty much functionally as it was before. The advantage of the attachment button is being able to place images within text.  :D I think only used the attachment button twice but when I did it was very useful.

Thanks very much for your help Steve, thought my posting days had come to an end :)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2018, 08:00:25 PM »
You’re welcome Jeff.  :)

Unfortunately Mark, I haven’t tried it with Windows so can’t help.   :(

Offline Severian

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
Thanks to all who've posted helpful advice here. I persevered and managed to upload some pictures to the gallery and then post them in a thread; almost gave up after repeatedly failing to do this in the small hours of this morning. Finally worked out I needed to use the gallery admin buttons to create a category before any uploads would take.

Couldn't seem to manage bulk uploading, however; the category line didn't seem to work for some reason. But I don't generally have many pics to post, so doing so singly isn't a big problem.

Anyway, thanks again. Doesn't make my actual pictures any less rubbish, mind you, but that's a different problem and one I can live with...

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 02:25:50 AM »
I haven't quite figured it out yet but Sinewgrab pulled the pics from my gallery and gave me a better explanation of what I should be doing.  I was inserting the page address rather than the image address into my post, and that's probably why I was coming up empty.  It's going to take some getting used to, but placing images directly into the body of the text will be a nice change.

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
Hooray!! The attachment button is working again :)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2018, 01:17:43 PM »
Aye, we have the Wargames Illustrated tech guy Mark to thank for that. He reported that he'd got it sorted this morning.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...