Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Brother Vinni Problems!!!!  (Read 6029 times)

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
Brother Vinni Problems!!!!
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with orders from Brother Vinni?

I ordered a shed load of stuff in mid-Jan and it hasn’t arrived; my many emails are being ignored and I’ve had to start a PayPal dispute!

I’ve never had issues in the past and I’m a little concerned I’ve been shafted! Very disappointed!

Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: Brother Vinni Problems!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:15:00 PM »
I saw him at the Tactica, so he still exist. Maybe he did not check his mails.

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Arcturus

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 06:29:20 PM »
I have the same problem. My order has not arrived yet. But i am still convinced it will arrive soon. I guess he needed stock for Tactica and so the poor online shoppers have to wait until he recast the stuff :'( :'(:'(

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
Ah this makes sense. I don’t mind the delay (I do a bit) it’s just the lack of communications that’s annoying

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »
I ordered from his Black Friday sale back in late November last year and my package just arrived this week.  I had no response to emails directly to BV either and had to file a paypal dispute about a month ago.  He did respond to the dispute in two days and shipped out the package 10 days after that.  I got a shipping number and tracking.

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:49:55 PM »
In my experience packages from BVM are rather slow. I placed an order just before he culled his Nuclear Sandlot range and it is yet to arrive. I am not woried about it as yet.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 11:26:28 AM »
I've always gotten my stuff. I'm never in any kind of a hurry though so I don't pay attention to how long it takes.  :)

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 05:20:46 PM »
http://forums.warforge.ru/index.php?showtopic=245192&st=0&p=4443293&#entry4443293

Judging by the dates of the last replies on the forum, he is alive, healthy and discussing his new miniature for the SAGA.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »
http://forums.warforge.ru/index.php?showtopic=245192&st=0&p=4443293&#entry4443293

Judging by the dates of the last replies on the forum, he is alive, healthy and discussing his new miniature for the SAGA.

And this is just the kind of thing to pee me right off...I too am one of the people who placed orders in January for his not-Fallout stuff, had sent him an email after a month and not received a reply. My order confirmation said shipment in 10 days - if he isn't able to deliver on that promise why bother including it? And posting on fora about your new range when you can't be bothered to deliver the old one or respond to emails is just poor form.

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
He should respond to emails but if there is nothing new to report? Resin manufacturing is a time comsuming process. How many can he cast as the same time? How long is his queue? You can only cast in the workshop. These days you can post on the bus, or train or while riding in a car. You can post from bed before you get up or just before you turn in for the night. Just saying.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2018, 03:33:24 PM »
You can also email from all these places just as quickly. It’s couretesy to respond to paying customers queries ASAP! Especially repeat customers like myself

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »
Yes, but what does one say in such an email? "Sorry but you are in the queue and will be done as soon as everything else in the queue is molded, packed and mailed." Isn't that assumed?

I think that this illustrates the issues faced by small businesses. He has been to two shows (according to Facebook). So while he was travelling to and from Slovakia no work is being done on orders. He needs to go to shows to promote his brand but can't go because of orders. He needs to sculpt to make money but also needs to make molds, pour molds, pull molds, package miniatures, etc etc.

That is to say: the work of more than one person but unable to afford more than one person.

It's the same for all small businesses. And this isn't even accounting for problems - ie. supplies not delivered, or the wrong supplies delivered or short-shipped, or illness, or whatever.

Not saying he shouldn't have emailed you. Just saying that there are things small businesses have to worry about that push things out of one's mind.

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
Yes, but what does one say in such an email? "Sorry but you are in the queue and will be done as soon as everything else in the queue is molded, packed and mailed." Isn't that assumed?

I think that this illustrates the issues faced by small businesses. He has been to two shows (according to Facebook). So while he was travelling to and from Slovakia no work is being done on orders. He needs to go to shows to promote his brand but can't go because of orders. He needs to sculpt to make money but also needs to make molds, pour molds, pull molds, package miniatures, etc etc.

That is to say: the work of more than one person but unable to afford more than one person.

It's the same for all small businesses. And this isn't even accounting for problems - ie. supplies not delivered, or the wrong supplies delivered or short-shipped, or illness, or whatever.

Not saying he shouldn't have emailed you. Just saying that there are things small businesses have to worry about that push things out of one's mind.

And I think we are saying we understand the pressures that a one man band is under (I referenced that in my email to him) but that he could have a standard form email for such enquiries, drop the 10 days shipping reference from his order acknowledgement (that apparently may be an ideal seldom achieved judging from other posts in this thread), or put a notice on his website saying he has issues and delivery will be slow. Failing to respond at all isn't only bad manners it's poor business too - 80% of unhappy customers don't whinge, they just don't come back. And they are more likely to tell their friends of their poor experience.

Offline Iv.An.

• Bookworm
  • Andrey Iv
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »
He does not sell himself, his wife does it.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
He does not sell himself, his wife does it.

Ah. If she's handling the orders (and so can read the orders entries), but doesn't speak English, or speak it very well, perhaps she avoids replying to inquiry emails.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.