Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:14:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Diablo Jon does Generic Fantasy - A Collection of Dungeon Crawl Miniatures  (Read 7765 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
What a brilliant collection!

Those Rieder Design/Alternative Armies lizardmen and gnolls look fantastic in their naturalistic schemes. I've never seen the four newer AA gnolls behind the guy with the polearm painted before; they look very good.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
There's a lovely old school vibe from those miniatures that I really like. Nice stuff.

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
The Evil Knight and that Barbarian from Alternative Armies will definitely have a spot on my shopping list.

They are both from the old Asgard barbarian range I believe. I just felt the guy in the boars head was to well armoured for a fantasy barbarian and decided he made a much better Evil knight

What a brilliant collection!

Those Rieder Design/Alternative Armies lizardmen and gnolls look fantastic in their naturalistic schemes. I've never seen the four newer AA gnolls behind the guy with the polearm painted before; they look very good.

Thanks.

I ordered the AA Dogman elites because the AA site said they were larger than the normal Dogmen and I'm a firm believer that Gnolls should be larger than humans. I think they made a slight mistake though because I got the Dogman with the Polearm from the normal Dogman pack  rather then the 4th elite Dogmen. Having said that the one with polearm is probably my favourite one of the four.

There's a lovely old school vibe from those miniatures that I really like. Nice stuff.

Thanks. Old school was what I was going for. With this project (before it stalled) I wanted to try and create something that had a feel of the old, D&D games, I played at school, with cardboard cut out floorplans and old school pre-slotta miniatures. Only with much better paint jobs than my 12 year old self could manage with Humbrol enamels  lol