Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689762
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The League of Extraordinary Kriegspielers presents... The Tears of Solomon  (Read 7356 times)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Dear lord, man! A chap could catch dyslexia from all that reading...

while I, dear fellow, merely went mad writing it all......
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
so here's a pic of the adventurers at the start of our final eve dinner.  Every man a rake, adventurer and with that 1000 yd stare that says........

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
right... a rest before I start on one of the strangest story that's ever been told.....

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
A fine collection of 'Gentlemen' as one can see.
But you seem to be missing one.
Where's Waldo?
Can't wait to see photos of this game.
Semper Fi, Mac

Online marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
and over all...............the shadow of Fu Manchu  lol lol lol (Those are ominous laughing emojis by the way)
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
If you, loyal reader, have ploughed through the marathon briefing session, you will have figured out this was campaign in the finest traditions of the League: a giant geo-political backdrop with pure Pulp at its heart.  In this case the hunt for the 'Tears of Solomon' a weapon so devastating it would inevitably result in the end of the world as we know it.  The first game however was set in Bonnie Scotland, where the key to the Temple, the so-called 'Knot of Solomon', was hidden somewhere.  Various competing parties descended on Cockabendy Lodge by the banks of Loch Loonie, to be met with grumpy locals, a werewolf family (nod to Dog Soldiers), and the brilliantly reasonable local police force (unarmed of course) led by the indefatigable Sergeant Ramsey (played to a tee by The Beast himself, who is of course a son of a policeman in real life). We normally leave this sort of mass caper game till the Saturday night, but this time we decided to mix it up a bit.  Spirits are normally high on the first night (i.e. strong drink is normally taken.  In quantities), so this was the right game at the right moment in the weekend.  Cockabendy Lodge was built from a MDF kit by the master himself, Rodger Williams, and much fun was had but all.  and oh, the 'key' was being used as a toasting fork in the The Lodge, and was recovered, and spirited away, by Fu Manchu and his deadly acolytes.  Which was the worst possible start for civilisation as we know it....more soon.......

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
heres a few more views of The Lodge....

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Never a disappointing read,with tables that take some serious studying in order to take it all in.
Proper nice.
The Tudor manor house has been on my list of options for the big house for my own table. Until now I'd not seen any figures against one to see if it worked. Was the Tudor brickwork iffy ? As your seems to be covered up.Like it all the same.

Mark.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Wow that;s a lot of work ..I have read bits..but love your research..i have marked this page to reference .So much cool info ..thanx for the hard work ..always love your campaigns..pure eye candy.

Offline Hamilkar

• Assistant
Truly magnificent.  Really saddened I live across the pond, would love to partake in the adventures.  :D

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Never a disappointing read,with tables that take some serious studying in order to take it all in.
Proper nice.
The Tudor manor house has been on my list of options for the big house for my own table. Until now I'd not seen any figures against one to see if it worked. Was the Tudor brickwork iffy ? As your seems to be covered up.Like it all the same.

Mark.

Mark

Don’t know to be honest, the supremely talented Smirnoff, aka Rodger Williams did the work

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Wonderful rugs  ;) :)

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Looks to be great fun - as always with your games.  I look forward to seeing how this progresses (my money is on Ruddi and Esterhazy).

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
This is just perfection! Hugely enjoyable reading so far.
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius