Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:00:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Black Order - All Things End  (Read 198102 times)

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: The Black Order
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 12:18:45 AM »
Thanks, guys! Still amazed by this forum. I'll get over it soon haha.

Oh no you won't   ;)

Great project, thanks for sharing.
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2018, 12:49:14 AM »
Cheers lads.

Hopefully gonna get some more games in soon and do some proper photoreps. I did get my hands on these yesterday...

have you had a look at Kings Of War (free rules)

they would look to suit your army and basing perfectly. :)
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2018, 04:33:00 AM »
Amazing work on this army!

I am so excited to read someone gushing over the Myth games. I wish somebody could get the license to do a tabletop game (there was a GURPS supplement back in the day), especially a miniatures skirmish game. My first foray into any kind of miniatures gaming was writing my own set of tabletop rules for all the units in Myth Soulblighter and printing out D&D-style paper standees using the art assets on the disc.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 04:38:53 AM by Manchu »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2018, 04:40:15 AM »
This is a great project I'm loving what I see here.
I am also a massive fan of the myth games. It created a truly epic feel to it. If I could commission a product line, it would be for the fallen lords.

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2018, 06:20:09 AM »
A really great painting on the miniatures.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2018, 09:21:11 AM »
Fantastic army and I love the shields and heraldry.

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »
Ooh, those are rather nice!

I was one of the community admins for Myth and wrote some of the early modding tools, nice to hear people are still enjoying it.

Offline Knight-Captain Tyr

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »
Amazing work on this army!

I am so excited to read someone gushing over the Myth games. I wish somebody could get the license to do a tabletop game (there was a GURPS supplement back in the day), especially a miniatures skirmish game. My first foray into any kind of miniatures gaming was writing my own set of tabletop rules for all the units in Myth Soulblighter and printing out D&D-style paper standees using the art assets on the disc.

Man, I would buy into that in an instant. Did you save the rules? I'm thinking of doing an homage to Myth in the form of a band of Light vs Dark - warriors, a dwarf or two, some Fir'Bolg, facing Thrall, Soulless and some Ghols.

have you had a look at Kings Of War (free rules)

they would look to suit your army and basing perfectly. :)

Cheers mate - I already use the army extensively as Brotherhood in Kings of War :) Clash of Kings 2018 really made the Brotherhood a bit more fun to play.

This is a great project I'm loving what I see here.
I am also a massive fan of the myth games. It created a truly epic feel to it. If I could commission a product line, it would be for the fallen lords.

Damn straight - I'd buy in to that like a flash.

Ooh, those are rather nice!

I was one of the community admins for Myth and wrote some of the early modding tools, nice to hear people are still enjoying it.

Then accept my earnest gratitude for contributing to such fond memories of mine from my childhood. I had, and still have, a blast with that game.

More updates to come - for now here's a teaser pic of one of the early games with the Black Order against a greenskin horde:

" ... the seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

-Thrall Flavor Text, Myth: The Fallen Lords

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »
The Black Order look absolutely stunning seen from that angle.
It is like a scene of the Nights Watch from the GoT TV series.
 :-* :-*

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2018, 10:06:40 PM »
Great to see them in action!

I'll echo the thanks to ecurtz; Myth and its mods gave me hundreds of hours of fun. I've recently started playing again in fact. The Tain still seems to be getting lots of community made content posted.

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
The Black Order look absolutely stunning seen from that angle.
It is like a scene of the Nights Watch from the GoT TV series.
 :-* :-*

Haha, thanks! That's high praise.

More updates coming soon (including some proper work in progress shots which I seem to be terrible at taking)

The Black Order's vanguard relied increasingly on its infantry during the long march North, as the rocky highlands north of Yursgrad gave way to increasingly barren plains which in turn yielded to inhospitable snow-covered mountains. Though the Order's steeds were of a hardy breed, and the Order continued to wield its cavalry as a decisive tool in its arsenal of warfare, many knights within the Order increasingly preferred to fight on foot to support the yeoman infantry who were at a natural advantage in the rough terrain of the North. Whether with greatsword, two-handed axe or sword and shield, the knights of the Order became increasingly adept at fighting on foot, a talent which set them apart from many of the military Orders of the former Kingdom.

Offline Wellington Bonaparte

• Scientist
  • Strike Sure
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 10:54:46 PM »
Wonderful stuff and great atmospheric photos to show them off, really njoying this thread  :)
Stand Fast - Strike Sure -  Carry On - Bydand

• Mad Scientist
  • Journal Keeper
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
Gymir-Whose-Laugh-Stinks-of-Killing

The ettin regarded me quizzically. Up close, I understood Baelden's fear of the beasts. Although they resembled mortal men in their appearance far more than their Giant kin, there was a bestial quality to the gimlet-bright eyes now peering at me from beneath furrowed, crag-like brows that I found unsettling. This one was a brute, as well - twelve feet of knotted muscle stacked upon scarred muscle  tattooed with the brands of the most violent of the Ettinmeet's clans.

I repeated my question, although I knew the ettin had heard and understood perfectly well the first time. Though many of their kind feign an inability to speak our language, it is my contention that they are possessed of a far greater intelligence than that with which we credit them.

I asked him why he had journeyed so far south, and whether he was alone. The Ettinmeet is four months' march North through the most inhospitable terrain. Seldom do the ettins venture so far south. Whether this one was emissary or raider I had yet to decide.

The ettin cocked his head. Maybe I would get no response. Maybe this one was no emissary but a savage who did not speak our language, after all. I was readying myself for a confrontation when, to my surprise, our guest rumbled a reply.

"Three brothers south brings Gymir, two brothers of one blood and one father-brother of witch's flesh born."

I was surprised to say the least. Although I had less experience of these man-beasts than some of the Order, I understood the ettin to mean that four of his kinsmen had made the journey south, one of whom, if I was not mistaken, was a witchbreed. A shaman. Rare indeed are such creatures, mixing the fearsome strength and atavistic savagery of the ettin with the uncanny intellect and power of the magic-touched.

"You are Gymir?" I asked.

The great ettin rolled his shoulders, cracking scarred joints and flexing muscles tattooed with runic wards and sigils I did not recognise. A low rumble left the beast's lips, and I realised that our guest was laughing, a wet, gurgling sound that sent chills down my spine.

"I am Gymir-Whose-Laugh-Stinks-of-Killing."

[/i]

Offline Ethelred the Almost Ready

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2018, 04:51:36 AM »
Very impressive.  You will let us know what miniature brands you are using, won't you?

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2018, 07:27:13 AM »
That is very impressive. I love the text you have with it as well.