Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686646
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Flips Necromunda  (Read 73194 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Flips Necromunda
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »
More very nice work there.

I do wish they'd stop doing the "two identical sprues in the same box" thing less often, something Necromunda and Bloodbowl have both been saddled with.

I guess the alternative though would be a second sprue with different torsos/legs, but the total arm/weapon options in the box would probably remain the same, but without the duplicates/spares from the second identical sprue - you'd likely be trading more body variety with less spares for the bits box.  I know the price is coming down, bit tooling for injection moulded polystyrene is still very expensive.  My complaint these days is less the duplicate sprue (which is great for spares), but the monopose (albeit very dynamic) sculpts that are really hard to convert, unlike the old style standardised waist/head/shoulder joins so all bits are interchangeable (like the old Cadians, or Anvil's Regiments range).
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2021, 07:53:31 PM »
More very nice work there.

I guess the alternative though would be a second sprue with different torsos/legs, but the total arm/weapon options in the box would probably remain the same, but without the duplicates/spares from the second identical sprue - you'd likely be trading more body variety with less spares for the bits box.  I know the price is coming down, bit tooling for injection moulded polystyrene is still very expensive.  My complaint these days is less the duplicate sprue (which is great for spares), but the monopose (albeit very dynamic) sculpts that are really hard to convert, unlike the old style standardised waist/head/shoulder joins so all bits are interchangeable (like the old Cadians, or Anvil's Regiments range).

I'd prefer a return to the old legs/torso/arm/head divides myself, and I'll concede it would fix my main complaint on the duplicate sprue thing - that being everyone having five monopose options to choose from, some of which just do not work well with certain arm/weapon configurations.  As for spares, I like a full bits box as much as teh next guy but my main gange is Van Saar and their spares aren't really all that useful compared to a lot of GW kits due to the screwy "glue front of gun to lower arm holding trigger and stock" design.  They aren't useless, but compared to having some complete guns to glue to a gripping hand or slung on a body they're harder to kitbash with.

How'd you like the ork terrain they just showed off for Kill Team?  Regardless of the engrave ork glyphs on them I can't help but think those things will wind up on many a Necromunda table, either with conversions to make them more "Imperial wreckage" or just as a battle in a hive or ash waste settlement that's had a greenskin problem.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2021, 09:06:11 PM »

Mercator Sanguis Slaver Entourage, more than willing to buy any captured gangers or hive scum you might have come across, or if your really unlucky, thery might just decide to drag you off in chains for some impromptu cybernetic surgery.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2021, 09:18:13 PM »
They look amazing! I mean disgusting, but amazing.  :)

• Mastermind
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2021, 11:37:45 AM »
Lovely work.

...might just decide to drag you off in chains for some impromptu cybernetic surgery.

Your new career as a servitor or pit slave awaits!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #290 on: July 28, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »
Very nice work as ever.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #291 on: July 30, 2021, 11:06:40 PM »

"Enforcer Callahan to command! Enforcer McClaine is down, some kind of machine, it tore through him with an assault cannon...I don't think its an Ambot, we need back up now damn it NOW!!"

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2021, 01:35:06 AM »
Well that's a blast from the past! Nice work. Now get the Mk 10 Dread there too lol

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2021, 05:14:02 AM »
Yes, that's a huge prod to the nostalgia glands!

Sadly, the only part of that model I still have is the assault cannon.

Offline Storm Wolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2021, 07:09:23 AM »
Ahh the good old chaos dread from Space Crusade I think, there was a four-armed one also I think? (defo Genestealer influence the Inqusition suspects ;) lol )

Nice work and good to see in the plastic again, as it were.

Glen
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2021, 07:26:58 AM »
Love that dread!

• Mastermind
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2021, 12:57:34 PM »
So jealous.  Could never find a copy of Space Crusade back in the day.  Took me years to even find a Chaos Android fig in trade, and the dread might just as well have been mythical for all the luck I had getting one.

I did have quite a few of the 6mm ones, though.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #297 on: August 30, 2021, 03:42:42 PM »

Wanted fugitive Lady Credo sighted in DownPipe Abbey, all Enforcers to converge on that location and bring her to justice!

• Mastermind
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2021, 04:18:29 PM »
Nifty.  Good retro look to that fig.

With the way GW is steadily transitioning into a license farm, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a line of John Blanche-inspired fashionably-impractical ladies' shoes based off that model's look.  :)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2021, 08:27:58 PM »
Some cracking painting, she's a very cool figure.

With the way GW is steadily transitioning into a license farm, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a line of John Blanche-inspired fashionably-impractical ladies' shoes based off that model's look.  :)
lol lol lol