Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Flips Necromunda  (Read 73196 times)

Offline Littlearmies

• Scientist
Re: Flips Necromunda
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2022, 09:06:16 AM »
Those Stargrave and Wargames Atlantic figures work well together, don't they?

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2022, 10:38:06 PM »

The Great Khan's have been reinforced with fresh recruits and influx of new weapons from their house.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2022, 01:07:17 PM »
You keep churning them out, an impressive level of production.

What do the Stargrave/wargames Atlantic figures look like next to the Necromunda stuff?

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2022, 09:20:04 PM »
You keep churning them out, an impressive level of production.

What do the Stargrave/wargames Atlantic figures look like next to the Necromunda stuff?

Cheers. They size ok next to the more regular humans, the Van Saar, Cawdor, Orlocks and Outlaws, as well as the older metals, but they are dwarfed by the other factions.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2022, 02:12:33 PM »
Love the new additions!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2022, 08:02:39 PM »
Cheers. They size ok next to the more regular humans, the Van Saar, Cawdor, Orlocks and Outlaws, as well as the older metals, but they are dwarfed by the other factions.

Thanks Flip, most helpful picture.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2022, 12:19:43 PM »
Sinful Lobotomy's front mutant has been replaced by an even bigger, tougher and louder mutie.

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2022, 01:08:07 PM »
Absolutely love him! I think i've got to steal your idea for a Necromunda band. I've got the Goff Rocker and a AoS warchanter to convert up as well.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2022, 01:46:09 PM »
Absolutely love him! I think i've got to steal your idea for a Necromunda band. I've got the Goff Rocker and a AoS warchanter to convert up as well.

Let the Battle of the Bands commence!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2022, 02:41:52 PM »

Ah, lovely - Orlocks painted in the old starter box colour scheme! Weirdly, they got a lighter scheme with cream bandanas and loincloths for the "official" studio scheme, even though I don't think any of the other gangs ever got more than one studio paintjob. No idea why, by I always liked the accent the red brings... (I'm a true child of the Red Period I suppose!  lol)

The Necromunda plastics are pretty big generally. In fact, they are big next to other unarmoured 40k humans, and most gangs have their own slight tweaks to proportions too. So whilst the Stargrave/Wargames Atlantic figures scale quite well with many 40k humans (4E plastic Cadians perhaps notwithstanding), they are small compared to Necromunda.

Were I feeling uncharitable, I would say the Necromunda sizing and proportions (and each House seeming to have a completely unique design of common Imperial weapons) was deliberate to prevent you from making seamless conversions and weapon swaps with other figures, in a forced effort to make you buy more kits/upgrades. However, if I assumed a more generous stance, it could also be said that it was a deliberate creative design choice to further enhance and exaggerate in a visually-representative manner the classic traits one associates with each of the Houses. Also... both things could be true at the same time!  ;)

If it helps, the Stargrave/Wargames Atlantic figures do scale well with the classic Necromunda figures, including the starter box plastics, and the earlier Confrontation range too. And, as a complete aside, the Mantic Veer-Myn scale really well with the new Necromunda plastics, as they too are a bit on the larger side (not to mention that the lowest regions of the Sump seem like a perfect place to find space-Skaven!) :)

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #340 on: December 31, 2022, 05:53:15 PM »

Rumors of monstrous mutants have begun to circulate around Hab Zone 2135 Tertius, along with evidence of graffiti in the shape of an eight sided star being painted through out the zone. Enforcers are to be on the look out for any aberrant behavior.

*Sister Superior Amalia Novena's Journal* There are always fools who look from the Emperors divine light and seek power in the dark...Becoming these horrors...Fools, fools that must be purged with Bolter and flame.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #341 on: January 03, 2023, 06:46:03 PM »

The various cults and a number of gangs have begun to flock to the banner of a warlord rumored to wear black armor and wield a mighty power hammer. What this will mean for the lower hive levels is yet to be determined.

Cid Highwind, a sump boat captain has been frequenting the Sector 7 slums and seems to be hanging around with members of Avalanche.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #342 on: January 03, 2023, 10:31:03 PM »
Love those new mutants, are they kitbashes?

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2023, 12:21:13 AM »
Love those new mutants, are they kitbashes?

No, they are official kit, called Accursed Cultists.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2023, 02:11:18 PM »

Velma de Gisaal, proprietor of The Gisaal Menagerie, that claims to hld the largest collection of exotic beasts this side of Leakydownpipe.