Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:13:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: ZONA ALFA: Salvage and Survival in the Exclusion Zone (New Bat Rep:2 June)  (Read 45595 times)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Thanks. Simple head swaps, but those figs have great movement. Perfect for generic reinforcements for a Zone salvage crew. 

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: ZONA ALFA: Survival and Salvage in the Exclusion Zone (new AAR 18 Aug)
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2018, 01:51:52 PM »
Short, straightforward Zone run last Tuesday evening with two small crews angling to salvage a damaged  military exo-suit. Bandits were already on site.

Lesson learned: a UBGL on an AK-74 can be a handy thing to have.

More info as always at: https://stalker7.com/2018/08/18/zona-alfa-bunker-raid/ 

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Re: ZONA ALFA: Survival and Salvage in the Exclusion Zone (new AAR 18 Aug)
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2018, 11:49:05 AM »
Playing Metro 2033 Last Light Redux and wondered if anyone has ideas on miniatures for Watchmen and Librarians. Thanks.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Quick ZA game Saturday afternoon. Two crews ventured into a deserted town on the Zone's perimeter looking for some quick money.   

They traded shots but were mainly focused on salvage. Each cleared a Hots Spot, snagged some loot and bailed before the turn limit. Other Pat was lucky enough to encounter an Anomaly with an Artifact  - which was a nice bonus on top of the regular salvage. (too bad he's going to have to hire a new recruit to fill the recent vacancy.)

More at:

https://stalker7.com/2018/10/21/zona-alfa-khrabrost/

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
Great stuff! I haven't played Metro 2033, but based on images it looks like maybe a genestealer would work as a base for a watchman with a little work?

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
Very interesting thread and blog. Great figures and Terrain.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Thanks, Tungdil. Glad you like it.

Great stuff! I haven't played Metro 2033, but based on images it looks like maybe a genestealer would work as a base for a watchman with a little work?

Thanks. I used a Khorne demon and a 'stealer head to make a bloodsucker, similar to the ones in Stalker. The metro 2033 watchmen are dog... things, so 4-legged would be better. I was looking at GW's Fell Wargs. Maybe.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:30:11 PM by Dentatus »

Offline ecurtz

• Librarian
Thanks, Tungdil. Glad you like it.

Thanks. I used a Khorne demon and a 'stealer head to make a bloodsucker, similar to the ones in Stalker. The metro 2033 watchmen are dog... things, so 4-legged would be better. I was looking at GW's Fell Wargs. Maybe.

Oops. I was going off of this thread by the character modeler: Metro Last Light Models. I guess thats what I get for not looking at in game shots.  lol

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
The metro 2033 watchmen are dog... things, so 4-legged would be better. I was looking at GW's Fell Wargs. Maybe.
Maybe have a look at gamezone's chaos hounds/dogs. But they have mutations (2 heads or bone spikes).

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
I'll have a look, thanks.  Gamezone still in business? I run across them on eBay occasionally and they always seem to be on clearance.

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
Glad to see that the game development continues! Game concept looks better and better with each report posted.
Thank you for posting comparison pictures of SASM minis with LAF stalkers. I was looking to add a few SASM minis to my collection myself but was not sure how good they will scale up with LAF ones.

BTW If you ever will need additional game testers I'm definitely interested in such task and we have a good collection of terrain, minis and pretty big pool of interested players to choose from. :)

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist
Gamezone still in business? I run across them on eBay occasionally and they always seem to be on clearance.
I don't know. But theres the chance to get the minis via retailers or online Shops.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Thanks, Nimrod. I'll definitely keep your offer in mind as the project nears the finish line.

The SASM figs are smaller.  I bumped them up on the bases a bit and figured it looked acceptable for regular grunts.  Someone on FB pointed me to Warhansa Miniatures but the current Moderns/Mercs are similar size. Now there are older Warhansa figs out there, but they're no longer in production. Shame.

Online Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Were Warhansa the folks who had Igor's other modern Post-Apocalyptic sculpts? I'd looked at those for modern games, though found the poses a bit too dramatic for some "proper" wargaming. That and the guns are in more of his Lead Adventure style - either chunky, or fictional looking.

Since Igor worked on the War in Chechnya Kickstarter he's gone for more realistic proportions, presumably either due to that's where that current genre's going, or the company's request. At the same time he'd been working for SASM, and I can imagine that was a similar requirement for their range.

I've so far found that his figure's are on the average end of modern 28mm with height and proportions. Though there's a bit of variety with those particular DNR figures, with some being taller or shorter (as real humans are I suppose). SASM's 3D printed master ranges tend to be taller, though that's perhaps due to them needing to be compatible with their 1/50th scale vehicles (which Igor's range look a bit titchier besides).

Those modern Ukrainians are great for this setting, and I'd recommend maybe buying some of the new Americans in Middle Eastern clothing (not the whole range, just some are wearing cloaks and baseball caps which look a bit more Post-Apocalyptic). Though similarly Empress' SAS figures could work as well, even if they're a bit under dressed.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Ooh; finally, a not-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. miniature game!

Of course it can be gamed with pretty much any skirmish game, with some weird effects tacked on, but a dedicated set of rules is always nice.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is one of my favorite game series, and I've been thinking about getting myself a small range of miniatures to be able to tabletop game the setting. However, never to the extent that Wyrmalla ever has of course.

So I'll be eagerly awaiting what you come up with; I'm liking what I'm seeing so far... 8)
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!