Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: ZONA ALFA: Salvage and Survival in the Exclusion Zone (New Bat Rep:2 June)  (Read 45596 times)

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
What modifications would be necessary to play this with 20mm character models?

I’ve been working with 20mm post apoc figs lately and would love to try skirmish with the same models via ZA if possible.

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
20mm? I'd play it as is, straight out of the book, on a 3 x 3 area. You want to scale the measurements down accordingly, be my guest.

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
20mm? I'd play it as is, straight out of the book, on a 3 x 3 area. You want to scale the measurements down accordingly, be my guest.

Well then, I’ll look forward to engaging Zone Hostiles in a southwestern US exclusion zone. Roswell, NM but set the visitation in the 90s? Area 51 after a power failure and shutdown?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 07:42:21 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Well then, I’ll look forward to engaging Zone Hostiles in a southwestern US exclusion zone. Roswell, NM but set the visitation in the 90s? Area 51 after a power failure and shutdown?

Hey Jack,
Truck is Matchbox/Hot Wheels. Where the weapons come from?
Where is the gun total bug killer from?

Grimm

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
The weapons on the Hot Wheel car are from the Implements of Carnage gun sprue from Northstar. The figure is a classic Citadel Street Warrior from the old Dark Future line.

I think I’m going to do ZA in two settings. 20mm Southwest US with Citadel Street Warriors and 28mm Eastern European proper with foundry Street Violence models.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 12:35:44 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
We're not under severe restrictions here yet, so Occasional Tom and I managed to get in a short game Tuesday afternoon. A lost supply convey sends out a distress call. Two crews respond.

Battle Report: "Wrong Turn, Alexei."

Help! This is convoy S37. Can anyone hear me? We’re holed up in an old industrial facility by a swamp and these huge rats and ghoul things are swarming us. The drivers are dead. So are the scientists. Now there’s only two of us left. Anyone, come quick. We’re running low on ammo and they keep coming.

A small convoy assigned to resupply a Ministry of Science outpost in the western sector of the Zone took a wrong turn. New driver? Bad map? Deliberate detour? Who knows? The only important thing is you were close enough to pick up the mayday on your radio.

Not that you’re always a Good Samaritan, but you know the area. Someday it could be you in desperate straits, so a rescue attempt is a worthy cause. Oh and there are supplies on those trucks and it never hurts to get on the Ministry of Science’s good side. Could mean a reward and more work in the future. So off you go.

Some Photos:

Full Report Here:
https://stalker7.com/2020/03/26/wrong-turn-alexei/

Thanks for looking. Good Hunting, stalkers.

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
Excellent stuff! More please :D
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline Tungdil

• Scientist

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
THE ONE WITH THE BROKEN WINDOWS

Turns out Supply Convoy S37 wasn’t lost at all; a notebook in the jacket of one of the drivers (the half-eaten one) revealed their detour into the Strashnyy Ublyudok facility was deliberate. Seems they had been sent to drive-by recon the area and locate a specific office building. “The one with all the broken windows and a truck out front.”

Occasional Tom’s crew boss looks around at the abandoned buildings and spits. “Well, that narrows it down.”

Judging by the other directions and descriptions in the notebook however, this is the right place.

“There must be something here,” you comment. “Why else risk the convoy like this? I say we go further in and look around.”

“50/50 split?”

You nod.

And so both crews rub dirt in their wounds, reload their weapons and form up.

Some photos:

Full report at:
https://stalker7.com/2020/04/02/the-one-with-broken-windows/

Thanks and good hunting, stalkers.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
very nice! where are the assorted gribblies (monsters) from?

Offline Bravo Six

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Oh man, those look AWESOME!  :o

I'm with aliensurfer.....where are they from?

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
They're from Cthulhu Wars. A box set that was fleetingly on sale and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Offline Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Very groovy, Dentatus
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
They're from Cthulhu Wars. A box set that was fleetingly on sale and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Time to scour fleabay then I guess - although that one with the massive mouth and long arms, I'm sure there is something GW do in their undead range(s) that might be converted into similar (maybe too big though)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
Cthulhu Wars Beyond Time and Space.