Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:44:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691106
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Wait is over - New Perry plastics for Salute  (Read 15355 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: New Perry plastics for Salute - Let the speculation begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 10:34:39 AM »
Shame about the plastic Pathans. Ah well. It was always one of my bets that they would do those eventually. Along with Landsknechts, which would be a logical extension to the European Armies 1450 - 1500 range. We shall see.

HYW mounted have indeed long been promised, but like most sculptors, Alan and Michael seem to do what interests them at the time, and I sense they have moved on from the HYW as an area of interest for now.

No doubt there will be yet more Napoleonics... ::)

WW2 Italians or US are a possibility I feel. The fact that they've previously released an extensive range in metal has been no bar to them then bringing out a plastic set covering the same ground. They've done that with a number of ranges already - metals first, then plastics.

So yes, I could see them going for ECW/TYW in plastic. The Warlord plastic ECW sets are not great IMHO - weirdly stylised - so I think there would be a market.

The Perry plastic speculation never ceases to be fun though - the gift that keeps on giving lol

Offline jazbo

• Librarian
    • My GNW Project Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 10:55:17 AM »
Ecw foot and horse would seem obvious.

Or maybe foot and horse for marlburian.

But my best guess is mounted agincourt knights.
My Great Norther War Project Blog: GNW Gaming

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 11:59:43 AM »
I think the will do nothing for Salute. Fact is, that renedra is absolutly full with new things, Peter Dennis didn't show something at Tactica (He did the last years or he didn't came because he was not ready with his work). Portugues is not so mass compatible, for Medieval they came only with the irish as filler for the range. Maybe some Napoleonic cavalry is possible, but really realistic so short after the zulus????

I think the expectations are bigger than the real chance....
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline duhamel

• Mastermind
  • voyageur
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2018, 12:06:36 PM »
a herd of plastic bison :D ::)
“Le courage consiste à avoir peur mais à continuer tout de même.”

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" The courage consists in being afraid but in continuing all the same. \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »

The Perry plastic speculation never ceases to be fun though - the gift that keeps on giving lol

Always happy to provide you with entertainment Richard!  ;)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 12:34:50 PM »
ECW/TYW in plastic made by the Perrys would be great!

Yip, great loss for my wallet :D

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »
I think the will do nothing for Salute....

Usually the Twins showoff some 3-ups for plastics that will not see the light of day as a box of plastics for 6-12 months. Hence, while the Nap Chasseurs a Cheval are definitely going to be released (a great looking box I think!), I don't think there will be anything else. That is the thing, as we are 'speculating' about what is coming...as all of us like to dream about what could be!  ;D

Offline Griefbringer

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 02:59:52 PM »
Perrys have been revealing their plans for upcoming (previously unknown) plastic sets in Salute at least since 2013 by showing three-ups. These have occasionally taken people quite by surprise, and these are what we are speculating about this thread.

They also sometimes release some of their plastic sets for market first at Salute, but these sets are unlikely to cause major surprise, because the Perrys tend to preview them well ahead.

Speaking of Napoleonics, I recall that at some past Salute Perrys showed three-ups for a second plastic Napoleonic Prussian infantry set, that has since then disappeared into some mysterious development limbo (maybe the first one did not sell enough?).

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 04:03:35 PM »
So, are their pictures of these possible 30 years war figures from Tactica already?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 04:57:33 PM by westwaller »

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2018, 04:05:30 PM »
Speaking of Napoleonics, I recall that at some past Salute Perrys showed three-ups for a second plastic Napoleonic Prussian infantry set, that has since then disappeared into some mysterious development limbo (maybe the first one did not sell enough?).

Yes, we were suppose to get a box of Nap Prussian Reservists as well as Russian Guard Infantry....but neither has appeared yet despite some masters being done. I also recall Alan telling me he had done Pre-1812 French Dragoons around the same time they released the Post-1812 ones. That would be a good seller, as you need loads of Dragoons! I really hope that one day we see these MIA sets of Nap plastic....but if the money isn't there in terms of sales volume, well then, I understand why they would hold off on releases.

I do hope the Perry's do some Nap Artillery, as their ACW one was really nicely done.

The comments above about TYW caught me by surprise but you never know with the Twins!

So keep SPECULATING people!  ;D

Offline Macohe

• Student
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
Napoleonic french infantry in Pre-1812 uniform  :-*

Offline Hudson

• Schoolboy
  • Can't be bothered.
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »
So who's got pictures from Hamburger Tactica??????

Let's see these ECW/TYW 3-ups!

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2018, 09:42:00 PM »
Yes, pre-1812 French Infantry!!!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

As for Tactica 2018, I wasn't there but did find these photos...you can see a few of the Perry's at work but it is hard (impossible really) to see what they are doing. That said, if you look at the photo in the glass case, bottom row, are those Crimean figs or something else off to the left?

Surely people were there and have some better photos they can share with us all.....pretty please...

Original Photos: http://www.hamburger-tactica.de/index.php/nggallery/page/3?p=14644&lang=en

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2018, 09:48:07 PM »
ECW would make sense as it would almost certainly boost sales of their existing metal range.

Marlburian era infantry would make me very happy but I’d rate that as a long shot.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Hudson

• Schoolboy
  • Can't be bothered.
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 09:54:55 PM »
Thanks for the photos. The 3-ups by Michael's elbow look a bit ECW-y don't they? Hard to tell though.