Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:34:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Wait is over - New Perry plastics for Salute  (Read 15388 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: New Perry plastics for Salute - Let the speculation begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2018, 10:09:55 PM »
That said, if you look at the photo in the glass case, bottom row, are those Crimean figs or something else off to the left?

Franco-Prussian War? Or something to supplement the plastic Victorian (AZW) British infantry?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Timmo

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 10:22:42 PM »
ECW/TYW would make a lot of sense.

WSS would be interesting to me but my gut feeling tells me they won't launch into a new period. So I guess that means they probably will…

Offline Firescale Whack

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 03:12:39 AM »
Plastic ECW/TYW will look great and be useful for a lot of different theatres.

But anything new other than Medievals or Napoleonics would make for an exciting change.

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »
Thanks for putting up the photos :) Hmm they only have a whiff of ECW about those three ups. I really love a box of TYW/ECW plastics but personally I'm not convinced it will happen. I'm not sure it's a particularly popular subject and there are quite a few existing ranges already.
It struck me last night that there are no plastic Elizabethans so I wonder if they might do something like that or possibly later Tudors to serve along side all the already available Lansknechts?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2018, 10:15:35 AM »
You think ECW is not a commercial proposition but you hold hopes they would do something as niche as Elizabethans? lol

Well you are in luck. They sculpted a range for Foundry in the 1980s and they are still available.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 10:18:42 AM »
Keep an eye on TAG for renaissance they have late Landsknecht in Pluderhosen being made and also Dutch AND Spanish Tercios on the way. They also have early valoise French and early Tudors which will be able to be mixed in for later period e.g. Border Horse and such

Offline westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 02:00:06 PM »
Im not fussed either way by Elizabethans. It just occurred to me that the Perry twins might have thought their was an unfilled gap in the market. They do like to follow their own whims after all.

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2018, 02:37:48 PM »
As has been said, Salute releases are usually up for pre-order around now, so I'm guessing 3-ups might be it.

I'm fairly confident of 'Agincourt to Orleans' knights/cavalry - rumoured for a long time and work had progressed to some extent.

I'd put ECW as a probable for a new period in plastic. I've yet to see plastics that don't already have a metal range of some form and the Perry's have had that right from the start.

WW2 is a definite possibility, I know of a few people wanting Italians and to a lesser extent French. U.S. troops for Operation Torch (and then Sicily) makes sense too, it's the next step on from the Desert.

My wild stab in the dark, or what I'd like to see and might actually be likely, would be Swiss/Early Landsknechts to complement the existing WotR range.

A mould for a plastic sprue is something in the region of c. £10k, so a surprise release without testing the waters with some metals first is very unlikely to say the least. So odds are things that will sell by the bucket load are most likely.

Online Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »
I'd love to see ECW/TYW and/or Marlburians, but I'm not holding my breath. My dream would be TYW Swedes (because of their longer jackets, they'd have to be a bespoke set) but I'm sure they won't be doing them. My guess would be something medieval.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2018, 02:53:41 PM »
+1 for Bison, including some extras, like skins drying on a frame also skulls & bones.

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2018, 03:57:02 PM »
I'd love to see a 28mm version of their border reiver stuff.

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »
Some good ideas! However, doesn't anyone have close-up photos of whatever Michael and Alan were working on at the 'Tactica' show???? Someone surely took more photos.....so share.... ;)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2018, 03:09:59 PM »
Perhaps something completely unexpected like plastic pirates, multi part naval figures?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Norm

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Blog for wargaming in small places
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
I wonder whether they will do something that allows them to more fully 'own' a period, so that they can put a full 'starter set' out in the same way that they did with the ACW battle box. They have a head start on medieval and wars of the roses stuff, including the medieval cottage, so perhaps something to fill that out for a big box set.

Outside of that, adding Austrian Napoleonic artillery might be a good seller for them.

For a brand new period in plastic - chariot armies are begging.

Offline Baron von Wreckedoften

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »
Outside of that, adding Austrian Napoleonic artillery might be a good seller for them.

They do already have six gun crews (ok only two sets of poses), plus eight limber/caisson teams, and the Handlanger!
No plan survives first contact with the dice.