Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:21:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Elbows' new Fantasy Thread  (Read 60505 times)

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Elbows' new Fantasy Thread
« Reply #270 on: January 01, 2021, 07:15:08 PM »

Fantastic work!

Did you had to cut the Troglodytes from an integral base?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #271 on: January 01, 2021, 07:27:14 PM »
I thought they might be Bones Black. I really prefer that material.

Thanks for the info on the DF, that helps settle my mind on it.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #272 on: January 01, 2021, 08:52:06 PM »
I can give an in depth review on Dwarven Forge some time if people are interested (I have a lot from a variety of "eras").

Calimero: Yep, I always cut away puddle bases if they're big/intrusive.  Luckily with Bones Black it's pretty easy to do.  The cuts aren't super precise/clean, but then I just clutter basing debris around the feet to hide it a bit.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2021, 10:19:44 PM »
First miniature of 2021 is the Freelance Knight from Mordheim - soon to take to the dungeons as a humble warrior.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2021, 06:05:04 AM »
Great work yet again! That figure always reminds me of Don Quixote.

An Dwarven Forge review would be most appreciated, especially something covering how the DF outdoor terrain mixes with other types of outdoor terrain.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #275 on: January 12, 2021, 06:18:26 AM »
I'll write something up and post it here (and on my blog).  Sadly, no out-door DF stuff...for the reasons I'd post in a review. :D

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2021, 06:22:49 AM »
Cheers mate.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbows' new Fantasy Thread (Siege of Augusta, Jan. 15-16th)
« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »
At the very last moment, I've decided to drive down the road and host some play-test games at Siege of Augusta in...Augusta, Georgia.  If anyone is there, swing by and say hello, or take the game for a spin.

Masks required, and sanitizer at tables suggested - but attendance looks low anyway.  CC&C is a four-player cooperative game, and I'm hoping to be siphoned off into a side room.  Goal is to host 2-3 games on Friday afternoon/evening, and 2-3 games on Saturday afternoon/evening.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2021, 10:52:55 PM »
Well, I decided at the last minute to attend Siege of Augusta.

I ended up running seven games (three on Friday and four on Saturday) of Caverns, Crypts & Catacombs for the baying masses.  As far as I could tell everyone enjoyed it at least a bit, most of them coming back for second or third games and asking if I was staying for Sunday, etc.  Seemed like everyone had a good time and we had some of the craziest finishes I've seen in the game.  Out of seven games, we lost two full parties, and a handful of other heroes where parties managed to escape.

One party, in particulary...escaped with three of four heroes on one wound each with the fourth hero dying ONE space from the exit door.  All is well. :D

Dungeon Friday:

Dungeon Saturday:

A gentleman, who I believe works for Miniature Building Authority(?), donated me a cool little resin cellar after he partook in a couple of games.  Many thanks to him!

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Fab looking dungeon!
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »
Thanks, always collecting and building more - neat a lot more dungeon dressing now.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2021, 05:42:36 AM »
Another small local gaming convention.  Only three games this time (numbers/space were pretty minimal due to the coofridge).

One of the dungeons...

One of the parties meeting their end...

A Stone Golem splitting the party...

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #282 on: February 28, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »
That dungeon... Awesome!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »
Thanks.  Sadly I only managed three games (small con), but they were all fraught with silliness.

Game 1: The Hero Party did well, but when confronted by a final Chamber with poison gas...camaraderie fell apart.  The Thief, using his special ability, took all the Luck dice from the party to run clear across the chamber in a single turn, sacrificed a finger to open the Demon Door on the far side and then escaped.  The Barbarian and Halfling were a way ahead of the Wizard and legged it together - escaping.  The Wizard, alone...then drew an Orc encounter where he was slain on a bridge - cut off from escape.  He did well, taking three of the six Orcs with him though...

Game 2: A new party of four was doing well until they were jumped by Cave Spiders and Ghouls at the same time.  They were losing wounds left and right...the Warrior went down to one wound.  They managed to kill off the baddies and, exhausted, stepped into the Chamber to claim their rewards.  The very first reward was an event where they were ambushed...by Orcs (again!).  The Warrior and Dwarf were slain instantly.  The Wizard fled, again engaging Orcs by himself (note: these are totally different groups of players!).  The Thief...used his sped to leg it back to the entrance and left. :D  The Wizard perished in the first Chamber before he could escape - pinned in by Orcs on both sides of a passage.

Game 3: Another new party steps into the dungeon...confronted in the first room by Cave Spiders and a Sorcerer (we decided immediately that the Sorcerer was actually the Wizard from the preceding game who had been abandoned and gone mad - somehow he'd actually escaped death by Orc).  They dealt with the Cave Spiders easily and then the Sorcerer took almost half wounds off of every Hero, running around the chamber and setting everyone on fire.  They finally slew the Sorcerer and stumbled into the next chamber where they encountered the Stone Golem.  Big - nigh unkillable, but slow.  As seen in the photo posted (more on my blog), the Halfling and Dwarf ran circles around the Stone Golem and made it to the bridge.  The Barbarian and Elf were left behind...but the Barbarian was attacked - leaving a gap for the Elf to burn all of his Luck and run past the Stone Golem.  The Barbarian was smashed to pieces by the Stone Golem and the group eventually escaped by hacking their way through some Zombies.  3/4 of this group survived - but they only claimed a single reward because they chose to leg it instead of clear the Chambers and claim loot.

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2021, 12:50:47 AM »
Impressive dungeons