Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:54:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58696 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2018, 07:25:06 PM »
They don't want the old figures in production anywhere. As far as they are concerned Confrontation is what they decide it will be in the next game, take it or leave it.
This project was just a cash grab so that they did not have to kickstart the main game for production. Apparently they estimated 2 - 3 million from this project which would get development etc sorted on the next game and they could launch that in a blaze of glory as a pre-order scheme project like CMoN/Mantic.

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »
Back into a bit of a freefall again - lost about £9000 yesterday.

Still 79 people not bothering to save a bit of cash by converting to one of the 423 remaining early birds, and one more person actually took up the resin pledge o_o

8 days to go. You gotta think the the company is probably wishing they could call a halt now, while there's still time

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »
Back into a bit of a freefall again - lost about £9000 yesterday.

Still 79 people not bothering to save a bit of cash by converting to one of the 423 remaining early birds, and one more person actually took up the resin pledge o_o

8 days to go. You gotta think the the company is probably wishing they could call a halt now, while there's still time

Well, freefall is the correct term. It's now dropping in big steps. Another loss of 8,000 just from today. And it's dropping as you watch. I think the last couple of updates (or better: not-updates) nailed the coffin. The resin pledge is by far too expensive and the PVC...well all has been said.

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2018, 02:28:54 PM »
Wouldn't call it a free fall, but certainly a continuous gradual decline. Just remembered there is this website collecting kickstarter data and creating some graphs: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/#chart-daily
(just ignore the projections, they in no way represent a realistic scenario here. Past data, on daily pledges and backers, is useful though.)

~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2018, 02:37:00 PM »
Been falling for ages... the bump around the 3rd may is when they unlocked all the stretch goals and added resin pledges.

Also to reinforce that they have no intention of carrying on the old lines they have the original sculpts up for sale... Granted it seems like the older stuff but I haven't had a proper look through.

https://www.stellarlicencing.com/index.php/boutique

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »
8 days to go. You gotta think the the company is probably wishing they could call a halt now, while there's still time.

A creator can cancel anytime before the project end date. Since SD hasn't done any work aside from the demo cards, this campaign has been inexpensive marketing for them. That doesn't mean Confrontation Resurrection (SD hasn't said if it'll go to KS or will be sold retail?) will be as successful as it could have been had SD run this campaign properly, but "any publicity is good publicity" and all that.
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
Wouldn't call it a free fall, but certainly a continuous gradual decline. Just remembered there is this website collecting kickstarter data and creating some graphs: https://www.kicktraq.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/#chart-daily
(just ignore the projections, they in no way represent a realistic scenario here. Past data, on daily pledges and backers, is useful though.)

Well, maybe, but there has been a regular decline since day 3 with only two small episodes of gains. The constant bleeding might well lead to a panic as new KS rules forbid changing your pledge if this would cancel the project in the last hours.

The last days were certainly dramatic for them and could just bring about a domino effect.

Anyway, it’s a pity to waste such a strong license.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
PS...and today they are already approaching the 500,000 € mark...but from the wrong side!

The non-existant etiquette to critical people as well as the non-answering of all critical questions did not help the project it seems.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2018, 12:02:48 PM »
Judging by that graph I think they won't go under the goal by the end of the funding date. But promising more minis while getting less funding? I really hope people get their stuff.

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
I don't mean to dive into this too deep, and there's no doubt they could've done a lot better in many regards.
But to me it seems that many folks on the KS page don't bother with sticking to constructive criticism.
Some clearly lecture and even troll the campaign owners instead of just leaving the campaign.

So all things considered - I can't help it, but I am starting to feel really sorry for the guys running that thing.
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »
I don't mean to dive into this too deep, and there's no doubt they could've done a lot better in many regards.
But to me it seems that many folks on the KS page don't bother with sticking to constructive criticism.
Some clearly lecture and even troll the campaign owners instead of just leaving the campaign.

So all things considered - I can't help it, but I am starting to feel really sorry for the guys running that thing.

Really? I've only seen one negative poster who could be described as "trolling", most of it has been the vicious obsessed supporters (who also trolled a rival KS). The criticism has been constructive, pointing out exactly why this is failing and why it's pretty much not going to deliver. I don't feel sorry for them at all, this was a naked cash grab that will finally put the nail in the coffin of Confrontation. Their attempts to "fix" the funding slide have been exceptionally shady, unlocking all stretch goals and introducing a heavy amount of FOMO (fear of missing out) by limiting the pledge amounts and declaring that the box won't be available outside the KS, not even in the pledge manager. Oh and for added hilarity the stretch goal which will allow individual factions as add-ons, the most requested feature, isn't even reachable if they sell all 2000 early birds and 2000 regular pledges...

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2018, 02:08:59 PM »
I have looked in on this campaign out of interest from the beginning, there is something going on behind the scenes that makes it seem really dodgy.

It is plain that they need to curtail the campaign and reboot at a later date. When they have a better idea of what the real market outside the rabid French fanbois want, because currently they have absolutely no idea.

Their refusal to even consider that is either incredible arrogance or they have some unstated obligation to get the funds in now. The lower this goes the greater the risk to peoples money, if this funds with a minimal amount above the initial goal it will be a disaster. I have no sympathy for them either.

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »
Really? I've only seen one negative poster who could be described as "trolling", most of it has been the vicious obsessed supporters (who also trolled a rival KS). The criticism has been constructive, pointing out exactly why this is failing and why it's pretty much not going to deliver. I don't feel sorry for them at all, this was a naked cash grab that will finally put the nail in the coffin of Confrontation. Their attempts to "fix" the funding slide have been exceptionally shady, unlocking all stretch goals and introducing a heavy amount of FOMO (fear of missing out) by limiting the pledge amounts and declaring that the box won't be available outside the KS, not even in the pledge manager. Oh and for added hilarity the stretch goal which will allow individual factions as add-ons, the most requested feature, isn't even reachable if they sell all 2000 early birds and 2000 regular pledges...

I was just looking at the comments for a couple of mins and got a bit overwhelmed with what I thought was pure negativity.
But yes, a lot has gone wrong here, and there's no doubt that many folks were trying hard to be constructive to see their criticism not being properly addressed.
It just all feels so incredibly toxic.

Edit: Looking a bit closer at the list of issues mentioned on here (I shouldn't have) made me jaw drop. I was really under the impression that this is mostly failed communication.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:54:41 PM by Schrumpfkopf »

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2018, 03:00:30 PM »
Their refusal to even consider that is either incredible arrogance or they have some unstated obligation to get the funds in now. The lower this goes the greater the risk to peoples money, if this funds with a minimal amount above the initial goal it will be a disaster. I have no sympathy for them either.

I might be recalling wrong but didn't they (somewhere in the mess that is the KS' comments section) respond to suggestions of rebooting it by stating that they can't due to how they've set things up? That would suggest the latter.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
The biggest question is, will this thread and kickstarter reach defiance games levels of incompetence?  ;)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/