Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690886
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th  (Read 58727 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: KS for Confrontation 'Resurrection' April 17th
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »
That’s what makes me really suspicious....how can they do this?
I have a collection of several hundred Rackham models and heck even when they were sold for literally nothing after the bankruptcy of Rackham they were more expensive....how do they plan to make money with it?

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #361 on: June 07, 2019, 05:24:47 PM »
To be fair

The nice part of me thinks re-opening the pledge manager is a way to get some more money out of hopeful backers, and new ones, who would really like the metal versions.. and to drag this out for as long as possible maybe, so perhaps some people will get something..in very slow waves.

The cynical part of me thinks far worse.

I don't see anyone having a struggling courier turning up on their doorstep anytime soon with a 25kg box of minis

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2019, 07:02:10 PM »
The French supporters and guys they have in their secret test groups for Confrontation Resurrection will likely get theirs first... we shall see how they plan to package such a heavy affair once those un-boxing pics start making their way on the internet...
Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #363 on: June 08, 2019, 08:39:45 PM »
Well, we already know they can't afford the plastic molds. With metal they can at least make *something* though not necessarily for backers. Cast product, sell retail, struggle, repeat until dead. Also, by releasing updates, they show progress on the project, so KS (?)  can't go after them.
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2019, 08:00:00 PM »
Hardly surprised the plastic transition wasn't found to be feasible, but that whole plan was so poorly thought out I can't help but question their knowledge and experience on other matters now, which leads one to wonder if the new metals will indeed be economically viable. (At least it's practically possible, which I suppose is a major step up for this project...) Can't quite make out if the new plans are entirely trustworthy, or a new way to rake in more cash before things collapse after all. And of course, it'd be interesting to have seen how much money the project would have raised had they opted for metal from the start - those few preferring plastic would have passed, but the massive exodus at the end may have been avoided.

Time to grab some new popcorn and see how it continues to evolve... hoping for the best, but far from convinced that is the most likely outcome.
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Condottiere

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #365 on: June 10, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »
Daniel Bentley:
I'm sorry, but I've never seen a metal mini with details worth anything. I'll take plastic over metal any day. More durable, less bendy, and better detail in plastic minis. Metal minis always look like mud; all the details are overly softened and droopy looking. ESPECIALY in the faces.

lol lol lol

Plastic Prats ever the comedians...

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #366 on: June 11, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
What would be really useful is if they listed the suppliers they use for their metal miniatures - so we could avoid them.

and just when the rest of the world is trying to get away from single use plastics ::)

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #367 on: June 12, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
The Robotech Kickstarter was proof that KS has no teeth in regards to enforcing well... anything at all. Basically SD can close the Pledge Manager after taking in the money and declare this project a massive failure within five minutes of closing the Pledge Manager and the only penalty will be SD taking a hickey to their branding. People will be really quick to remind backers that they are supporting a DREAM and Kickstarter is NOT a store or a preorder there are no guarantees.
This crowd funded project ticks off about every alert trigger for me. Over promising, mad scramble of information that doesn't quit add up, switch in project direction.
My cynicism meter went to 11 out of 10 on this one.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #368 on: July 03, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
Well, 4 updates during June!

Still complaints that plastic is better, but actually  sounding somewhat possitive beyond that  :o

Really you  think they would realise the project has real environmental credit now avoiding using plastic.

If I could afford to risk jumping on another project not to ever finish... I almost would.

Yay for the safety net of low/no hobby budget sometimes (well and spending it on something else shiny that I actually received of course)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #369 on: July 03, 2019, 02:23:10 PM »
I think some of the safety comes from Miniatue Market having a preorder of 400 boxes... that's a serious capital boost... if it wasn't true Miniature Market would have commented on it. They have always historically carried Confrontation and AT-43 stuff, so I think they are fans... I don't think these guys want to tick off that company as they actually would have the funds to pursue legal action. I'm now proud to be a backer again... I was at the start... then I wrote the money off for a long while... now i'm back in the happy boat with METAL minis!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #370 on: July 03, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »
I highly doubt they paid up front for 400 boxes, that's a huge amount of cash and stock for a company in this industry. I'm guessing it's just some kind of commitment to stock them if and when they're produced. It does make it a safer bet for SD at least as long as they can begin producing the minis, which is far more realistic with the metals than the original PVC plan.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #371 on: July 03, 2019, 03:42:47 PM »
I agree, there is no way they paid in full... but even putting down 10% is a good chunk of change.

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #372 on: July 04, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
Either way its a good boost to backer morale.

here's to continued hoping.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #373 on: July 04, 2019, 12:58:46 PM »
If they deliver the original backers got the deal of the century. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them  ;).
Will do some cherrypicking eventually when/if they start to appear in (web)shops...
Leadhead

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #374 on: December 25, 2019, 11:32:48 PM »
Hello everyone,

At the end of the year, we are taking stock of our various projects.

Sans Détour is going through a very difficult period. Our company is trying to restructure and launch its activity.

The first actions will be to stop direct selling and the immediate closure of our Villeurbanne depot. In the future, our logistics will be entirely outsourced.

You have until December 31 to place orders on our online site. We continue to deliver all orders.

After this date, we will remove most titles from the catalog.

Regarding our other licenses and pending files, end year holidays and strikes do not allow us to advance as quickly as we wish. Our projects are idling, but not abandoned. Many discussions are underway for the relaunch of Sans Détour.

The offices will be closed from December 23 to January 6.

We will meet you after the holidays and our move for more information.

We wish you a very happy holiday season.

Sans Détour

Translated from: https://www.facebook.com/EditionsSansDetour/

Discussion on Dakka : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1170/717182.page#10670518