Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:08:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Boxer Rebellion project re-emerges, page 11, tiny update  (Read 21448 times)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Twelve Feet of the Tartar Wall and Legation quarter, too (Page 9)
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2018, 02:49:50 AM »
FifteensAway, I just thought I would drop you a note to let you know that today I finished the last of my Boxers.  I now have 501 figures in my Boxer force.  In the next day or so I will be starting my Chinese regular troops.  If you haven't seen it, there is some nice uniform and flag information about the Chinese army during the Boxer Rebellion period in the Foundry publication entitled Armies of the Nineteenth Century: Asia.  Pages 61 and 63-65 are of particular interest.   Hope things are going well with you.  Richard
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:32:22 AM by War In 15MM »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2018, 05:29:33 AM »
Richard, thanks for the update and glad to hear you are making progress.  Still no access to my figures but that should change next week - but unlikely I'll have much time to work on them until later into September, maybe not until October.  My challenge will be keeping focus because I really want to get to work on my AWI figures - awaiting an order for some replacement figures to fill out some units and maybe expand some in size and some more appropriate guns.  If I were able to keep a dedicated focus for a solid year and churn out figures and a prodigious rate, I might finish them off.  More realistic that it will take several years.  Keeps me out of trouble, mostly.   ;)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2019, 03:10:56 AM »
Finally getting back to 'actual' work on my Boxer project!  Well, only laying out a part of the plan for the ramps but at least that is real progress.  The remodel is done and in the rear view mirror, the drip to Disney World is behind me, not much left on mother's estate, so time is freeing up.  Who knows what distraction will interfere around the corner, life being like that.  But I really want to make forward progress.  Was too rainy a day hereabouts to pull out the power tools and start cutting wood but I did clear part of the gaming table as a working space.

Only disappointment with Disney World was that I didn't find any new animals for my African Plains - I was hoping.  Oh, well.  Had fun!