Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689674
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conan - painting up the "Kings pledge" and a lot of expansions 2023-09-15  (Read 28311 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Conan - painting up the "Kings pledge" and a lot of expansions 2023-08-19
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2023, 08:05:04 PM »
Received bases from my french supplier Stuff4Games today so I rebased my Black Ones and based the serpentmen (now with corrected position of eyes).
Still waiting for replacement bases from Customeeple, but things are agonizingly slow on their part. Maybe will get the replacements from them in 1-2 weeks.
At the moment I have enough bases from Stuff4Games to last me through the upcoming delivery of Cthulhu Death May Die and any potential Conan KS 🙂

Also, I did not buy the Nordheim expansion (the maps looked very bland and the scenarios were rated quite low by players. There were a bunch of cool miniatures, but at the time I felt it was a purchase I could skip. However, since then I also got Blood Rage and I figured I would be able to use some Blood Rage miniatures as stand in models for the Vanir and Aesir warriors and the giants among other things.

Currently have all the viking models sent to a comission painter, but I painted up all the monster myself. Took a size comparison of Krom next to the big guys. Will try to make custom tiles for the other man sized monsters/minions. They will be cool for custom scenarios imo.

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Re: Conan - painting up the "Kings pledge" and a lot of expansions 2023-09-05
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2023, 12:13:37 AM »
Great tip, thanks! Will check and see if we have similar products here in Sweden. I did not throw away the faulty bases as I figured they could perhaps by used for something else than bases (tokens/markers perhaps?) in the future.
This might help for finding the right stuff in Sweden.  https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/44131  Last time I checked it was pretty up to date with product changes.
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Conan - painting up the "Kings pledge" and a lot of expansions 2023-09-05
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2023, 02:48:58 PM »
Finally received my replacement of acrylic bases from CustomMeeple. They did deliver good bases in the end even if the whole process was well over a month.

I took a picture of the CustomMeeple bases and one base from Stuff4Games.

The new bases from CustomMeeple are almost as good as the ones from Stuff4Games (would  rate them 9/10). The difference is that the CustomMeeple bases are not quite as smooth as the ones from Stuff4Games.

However, the most important improvement that CM did was to swap the acrylic sheets and tweaked their production so that the new bases don't have jagged and notched edges which gives a "frosted" look.

Very happy with the end product, and now at least I'll have two valid options for acrylic bases in 2mm and various sizes. Now I have enough bases to last me at least 2 kickstarter boardgames LOL.

Offline TheColourOfCrom

• Lurker
Great job on all this! Thanks for posting, I use this a lot for ideas to get through all my Conan stuff :)

Offline HereWego

• Librarian
    • derFigurenschieber
What a wonderful painting campaign. Beautiful results, filled with a lot of painting tips and experiences made during the campaign. Thanks for sharing.

With kind of glue did you used for glueing your minis on the acrylic bases without getting some white, dried spots of glue?

Love your stuff - well done  :-*