Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:50:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 729
Total: 734

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 40178 times)

Offline MysteryMachine

• Bookworm
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: The Army of Nurgle)
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2023, 10:54:58 AM »
Your army looks superb. I love the choice of figures, especially the latest beastmen. I picked up some of the larger models from the Demonworld range for 1/72 / 20mm (the minotaurs and the giant beastman) but it would have been great to be able to use more of them. They are really nice sculpts.

I also love the use of the Trudvang dragon and the hydra - they look amazing in your chosen scale.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2023, 03:39:19 PM »
That hydra is an amazing sculpt, beautifully brought to life by your painting. The beastmen are different being boars, but beastmen should be nicely chaotic afterall. The overall look of the army is fantastic.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Online Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2023, 05:10:09 PM »
I’ll echo those comments! That’s an amazing collection and very well done painting.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2023, 07:45:30 PM »
Your army looks superb. I love the choice of figures, especially the latest beastmen. I picked up some of the larger models from the Demonworld range for 1/72 / 20mm (the minotaurs and the giant beastman) but it would have been great to be able to use more of them. They are really nice sculpts.

I also love the use of the Trudvang dragon and the hydra - they look amazing in your chosen scale.

Thank you! Your 20m/1:72 eye candy really makes me think about adding a few modern plastic sets to play around. After all one of the greatest thing is that many things 10/15/20mm are fully compatible! The Beastmen might even fit your collection, they will, however, be rather cute beastlings :)

That hydra is an amazing sculpt, beautifully brought to life by your painting. The beastmen are different being boars, but beastmen should be nicely chaotic afterall. The overall look of the army is fantastic.

Thanks, the hydra is a great sculpt and one of the reasons why I didn’t sell my Mythic Battles core box. I plan to add more variety to the Beastmen in Nurgle army phase II.

I’ll echo those comments! That’s an amazing collection and very well done painting.
Thank you, Pattus!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 07:48:32 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
After bringing the Nurgle army to a playable size, I’m now going to tackle the other Chaos gods. Khorne and Tzeentch in particular where I have already identified a lot of usable stuff from my lead pile.

These Otherworld kobolds were bought when everyone went crazy for Northstar‘s plastic gnolls. Since those were 28mm, I was a bit frustrated because I could not join the fun. Then a fellow LAFer iirc pointed out the possibility to convert 28mm kobolds to 15mm beastmen.

Next day I visited Battlefield Berlin and bought all sets I could see. I quickly started them but for reasons I can’t remember they were left unfinished until two days ago. I added some shades, highlights, the shields and the bases and voilà: 15mm gnolls!

These will form a crack unit of beastmen; they are accompanied by a preslotta camel beastman (25mm mind you!), which I consider a perfect fit.

They will either follow Khorne or maybe rather Mahal…not yet sure.

Ladies and gentlemen, here they come!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
And some more shots if the little buggers.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
Cool additions !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 09:05:02 AM by LoxIslay »

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
Very nice additions to the armies of Chaos

Offline snitcythedog

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Snitchys blog
Very nice kobolds/beastmen.  You might look at Reaper as they have a fairly large range of Kobolds in 28mm in both metal and plastic that would give you even more options for conversion. 
A bottle of scotch and two aspirin a day will greatly reduce your awareness of heart disease.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"... Mark Twain
http://snitchythedog.blogspot.com

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
The horde looks great - disgustingly uniform.

And nice to see some old school kobolds as well

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
good stuff

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Cool additions !

Cool additions !

Thank you, guys! Your comments are very much appreciated!!! :-*

Very nice kobolds/beastmen.  You might look at Reaper as they have a fairly large range of Kobolds in 28mm in both metal and plastic that would give you even more options for conversion.

Oh, didn’t know that and will check! Thanks.

Thank you, guys! Your comments are very much appreciated!!! :-*

Oh, didn’t know that and will check! Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 06:53:04 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Chaos Giant of Khorne)
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2023, 06:57:36 PM »
So I have started seriously now with my Khorne force. It’ll be designed for Dragon Rampant and Of Gods and Mortals, too, so I can do battles as described in Moorcock’s novels (especially the Corum series and Stormbringer).

Khorne will be designed very offensively with offensive Heavy Foot, Elite Foot and Bellicose Foot assisted by a few Demons and Warhounds.

I’m currently doing Chaos Warriors, but found this cool 28mm Oldhammer chaos warriors in my leadpile. He’s nicely sized for a mutated Chaos Giant or some other crazy thing creeping through the Chaos wasteland. Actually the somewhat strange poses of many a slotta based Oldhammer Chaos model make them very suitable to be reused as huge 15mm monsters.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2023, 08:47:22 PM »
Cool fellow, and interesting color choice. I think he will fit in perfectly.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2023, 04:57:35 PM »
Cool fellow, and interesting color choice. I think he will fit in perfectly.

Thank you, pal! The yellow/red is my current plan to somehow make the Khorne army a little different from what everyone does and GW prescribes. Stay tuned!  ;)