Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 36294 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Nurgle‘s Pestilence Doc)
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2022, 06:53:44 PM »
Finally after some tough weeks at work, disassembling my exhibition, I’ve found some time to paint. I managed to finish seven middlehammer nurglings.

They are quite imposing demons in 15mm scale and I’m planning to let them join my mage from the great Varus Miniatures!

Below, you see the whole „warband“ in its current glory: a greater demon, a hero on monstrous mount and the sorcerer + demons unit.
For the next weeks, I plan to add two units of lesser warbeasts (pestilence maggots and caterpillars), two hordes (smaller nurglings), one unit of chaos warriors and a unit of beastmen!

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2022, 07:11:00 PM »
They fit the nurglings perfectly  :-*

I‘m exited to see the progress.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2022, 08:11:17 PM »
They fit the nurglings perfectly  :-*

I‘m exited to see the progress.

Thank you! I’ve really come to enjoy this little side project so much that it gets bigger and bigger.
And now I scrounge through my lead pile and always see new possibilities 😱🤪

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2022, 08:17:34 PM »
My hobby butterfly struck again…instead of continuing to work on my Nurgle warband, I had to paint this amazing model recently purchased from Excellent Miniatures.

I painted him as a champion of Tzeentch on a flying disc. The sculpt is brilliant - though I don’t remember who was responsible.

Ultimately I want to have three or four 12-24p Dragon Rampant warbands to battle for the favor of the Gods.

Offline Old Hob

• Scientist
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2022, 08:35:09 PM »
Again, this is marvelous stuff. You're on a roll here. The colours really pop and the minis you've picked are excellent. Warbands for all the main four chaos gods, please.

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2022, 09:14:18 PM »
Nice Champion, colors are really nice

I mean you already did a minor chaos god with the CD  :D But stoping at 4 major ones would be a shame, i mean there are 5 of them. ALL HAIL MALAL!!!
At least thats what happened to me, while diving through the lead pile. My goal is the same first DR or Fantastic Battles and maybe proper Oldhammer, if i want.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2022, 09:56:16 PM »
Thank you, gents. Those kind words are mightily appreciated!

Again, this is marvelous stuff. You're on a roll here. The colours really pop and the minis you've picked are excellent. Warbands for all the main four chaos gods, please.

I’ll do my best. Khorne is definitively set. I’ve go so many evil demons, barbarians and stuff that it would be a shame not to go the route of the Blood God!
The biggest question will be how to model the different armies, so that they make an enjoyable matchup. One of the greatest flaws of Warhammer imo is the very, very similar approach to fighting a Chaos army after 3rd (or maybe 4th) edition: they basically all have a killing machine, extra brutal heavy infantry and riders and some spares…

Nice Champion, colors are really nice

I mean you already did a minor chaos god with the CD  :D But stoping at 4 major ones would be a shame, i mean there are 5 of them. ALL HAIL MALAL!!!
At least thats what happened to me, while diving through the lead pile. My goal is the same first DR or Fantastic Battles and maybe proper Oldhammer, if i want.

Oh yes, the Chaos Dwarfs will soon face some major problems at their borders! Enslave this you bloody stumpies with the ridiculously large heads!

Mahal is definitely the best of them all… maybe I‘ll build that army around my 15mm versions of Elric (after all the Kaleb Daak was blatantly ripped off of Elric).

I’m also interested in Fantastic Battles, but haven’t come to grip with the system yet. I have been really fascinated by Mayhem and A Song of Armies and Hordes, though.
Oldhammer is great…on paper. But the games drag sooooo much. I was even considering converting all units to Fantasy Warriors (imo the superior set of old school wargaming rules).

That still leaves the question open how to model the different Chaos Gods in Dragon Rampant:

Khorne: many heavy and elite riders, foot plus lots of bellicose foot and some lesser warbeasrs

Tzeentch: sorcery of course…flyers as elite riders?

Nurgle: hordes, warbeasts and some heavy guys?

Slaanesh: light, fast troops + …?

Chaos Dwarfs: mostly a „normal“ army with lots of artillery?
Mahal:  errr…no idea
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 10:03:48 PM by DivisMal »

Offline LoxIslay

• Scientist
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2022, 10:32:01 PM »
I'm still undecieded what to use, but i will try them all. Maybe simplyfie the oldhammer rules a bit, to shorten turn but keeping the fluff.

Khorne: more elite

Tzeentch: also more elite heavy and magic

Nurgel: more swarm and horde style

slaanesh: need for speed

CD: few normal units with many gobo slaves

Malal: few models, more hit points and monsters maybe

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2022, 05:25:29 AM »
Yeah…the fluff, that’s what we all want, but the games are still…let’s say an experience! :) not necessarily bad, but very, very long….

That’s why I think DR might be ideal…it’s very toolboxy and requires not too many minis.

Ok, let’s see:

Korne: Elite Foot & Riders and many, Bellicose Foot wildly charging at the enemies, maybe a couple of chariots, greater and lesser war beasts etc.

Nurgle: Hordes, Pest Flyers (Flying Cav), Lesser Warbeasts and my small existing stuff

Tzeentch: Many wizards and wizardlings, flyers and if I want to stay true the modern lore: many bluish beastmen.

Slaanesh and Mahal…let’s wait till I’ve finished the others;)

Offline Idle Doodler

• Scientist
    • Idle Doings of an Idle Doodler
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2022, 12:42:20 PM »
A treat of a thread to look through; great for getting ideas on repurposing some larger scales, and I like the Chaotically vibrant colours!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Nurgle‘s Army additions)
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2022, 10:24:32 AM »

A treat of a thread to look through; great for getting ideas on repurposing some larger scales, and I like the Chaotically vibrant colours!

Thank you! Love to hear (er read) nice comments. Repurposing models from the lead pile is half the fun, and I found some more nice stuff: I worked on my Nurgle army a bit. Here is a unit of chaos spawns made from iirc old 25mm Ral Partha or Rafm Cthulhu models.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:26:15 AM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2022, 10:28:53 AM »
And I also finished this little beastie: A really nice model of a beastman on a mutated polar bear. It’s a slight break from my colors, but the beastmen can in this way also join other chaos gods!

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2022, 02:18:45 PM »
Excellent beastman from Demonworld. They are quite original, riding polar beara and such.
The fellow on flying disc comes from Varus Miniatures, same as your Nurgle army.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2022, 06:05:43 PM »
Excellent beastman from Demonworld. They are quite original, riding polar beara and such.
The fellow on flying disc comes from Varus Miniatures, same as your Nurgle army.

Oh thanks! Varus again? He‘s really skilled and his models are a joy to paint!
The Demonworld range is one of my all time favorites. It’s hige, it has no significant scale creep and all the minis are somewhat original and not just 1:1 GW ripoffs. Plus, it‘s what lile 30 years old. Not bad, what Mr Klocke and the guys from Hobby Products did back then!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2022, 10:27:03 PM »
Today, I finally found some time to finish several models that have been lying around for a couple of weeks in half-finished state.

Here is the Fly (formerly Venerable Wolfram) mutated into an abominable half-man that was chased out of town by his own family. He is joined by six blood maggots.

I’ll feature the latter as Lesser Warbeasts with a slightly toned down version of Venomous. @6p
The Venerable Wolfram will be a lesser magician that is played with the Scouts profile.