Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:35:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685082
  • Total Topics: 118008
  • Online Today: 935
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 35998 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Nurgle‘s Army additions)
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2022, 10:28:20 PM »
And last but not least a picture of the current state of my warband. Next in line: Beastmen!

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2022, 02:05:08 PM »
Great looking warband
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #122 on: November 29, 2022, 09:21:35 PM »
That's a cracking warband

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Mastermind
« Reply #123 on: November 29, 2022, 09:56:15 PM »
The old Cthulhu monsters fit right in as chaos critters! Nurgle armies always make me go “ewww”, but you’ve done a great job on them.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2022, 09:26:13 AM »
That's a cracking warband

Great looking warband

Thank you, gentlemen. It’s already a good size for a smaller Dragon Rampant battle…probably will crank it up to some might 48p.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2022, 09:31:03 AM »
The old Cthulhu monsters fit right in as chaos critters! Nurgle armies always make me go “ewww”, but you’ve done a great job on them.

Thanks. I am not a big fan of the modern grim dark blood and gore (or in the case of Nurgle: pustles, vomit and gore); I rather prefer the tongue in cheek sculpts of the „olden days“. Recently GW released some models that fitted very well into that design (especially the snail rider is brill), and thank goodness, now that we have 3d printing you can easily find very good proxies.

The Cthulhu stuff is just breathtaking. I ignored it mostly when it was still on sale, but there are so many good sculpts useful for many settings. It’s a shame no one makes such models anymore (well no one except Bob Murch, but he does only historical and pulp these days).

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Nurgle Chaos Troll)
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2022, 10:21:59 AM »
Painting time is currently even more precious than usual with my daughter and wife sick. I sneak to my table in the evening before sleep and in the morning when everyone is still sleeping.

I managed to finish a couple of slimy insects from East Riding Miniatures iirc which will feature as lesser warbeasts and an old Rackham goblin mutant that makes a perfect chaos troll in 15mm imo. Especially when the models are bend or facing downwards, many larger miniatures are perfect for integration into a 15mm force.

What do you think? And sorry for the crappy pictures again…one day I’ll arrange for a proper photo corner, I promise!

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2022, 10:44:47 AM »
They look great - especially that goblin-as-troll: a perfect fit, as you say!

Hope the family feel better soon!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2022, 04:57:39 PM »
Thanks, Justin! As you with your current projects, I simply love to go through my lead pile and look for conversion potential. The earliest Rackham goblins are brilliant. I‘m just now in the process of recycling some more and made one into a very tolkienesque troll already!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2022, 10:59:02 PM »
Just a quick shot…I’m working through some of the smaller Nurglings feom my lead pile. 22 are more or less battle ready and I aim to have enough for at least three hordes (36 models in Dragon Rampant). Maybe I’ll add some more demons and cultists to go for 48 or even 60 models. 5 hordes is just between 5-10 points.

First that’s just what a proper Chaos army should look like - my vision is rather Stormbringer than GW here and second it will help to make this warband different from the Chaos Dwarfs and the coming hordes of Tzeentch (mutants & magicians) and Khorne (elite and bellicose beasts).

Sorry again for the pictures just took them before going to bed. In the background you can get a glimpse at my other projects…😱

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2022, 12:46:01 PM »
Great work as always, I love the gobo as a chaos troll.  :-*
More hordes of rotten friendliness coming to your neighborhood.

Divis just a small question, what 3d printer do you use. Your guys look good, and I’m a bit tempted to get one  o_o

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2022, 10:19:39 PM »
Great work as always, I love the gobo as a chaos troll.  :-*
More hordes of rotten friendliness coming to your neighborhood.

Divis just a small question, what 3d printer do you use. Your guys look good, and I’m a bit tempted to get one  o_o

Thank you LoxIslay!

The answer is simple: I don’t have any 3d printer…. I feel still that it’s too much work and I have a 3year old daughter who is very curious about anything daddy does, so I don’t want to have all those substances not in my limited hobby space. Plus: I already work so much with computers…

So actually to answer your question: the ones shown here are from a print shop called excellent miniatures. It’s not cheap, the guy charges double the price of the 10mm minis for a custom 15mm one, but the quality is really amazing. Apparently there is resin and resin.

I’m still not 100% sold on 3d printing as there are so many excellent models from Demonworld, Copplestone and Splintered Light, but what’s really awesome about printing is that you can have so many models that are blatant rip-offs of GW designs… very much inspired and imitated in flattering admiration from the latest GW designs by a very active community!

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2022, 11:54:18 AM »
Thank you for the answer.

The space and the substances etc. are also what kept me from buying one.

I can really understand the interest of your daughter in daddy’s stuff. Then I was little I crushed the first laptop pc  of my dad, because he always told me of the mouse (computer mouse) and I wanted to see it  :D

To be true, my newly sparked interest was also not fantasy, but these nice historic boys for silver bayonet or turnip and some historic wargaming. https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=139179.0

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2022, 03:33:36 PM »
Thank you for the answer.

The space and the substances etc. are also what kept me from buying one.

I can really understand the interest of your daughter in daddy’s stuff. Then I was little I crushed the first laptop pc  of my dad, because he always told me of the mouse (computer mouse) and I wanted to see it  :D

To be true, my newly sparked interest was also not fantasy, but these nice historic boys for silver bayonet or turnip and some historic wargaming. https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=139179.0

Yeah, that’s the way kids learn what to like…;)

About your models: I have not yet done this, but several other gus in the instagram 15mm scene, and I want to try it soon: buy the files and send them to a local print shop. If you’re going for hundreds of models, prices are still too high and it takes quite some time if you do it at home. So here metal still seems to be king.

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2022, 09:07:42 PM »
Thanks ;)

I’m torn between hunting 15mm on eBay and starting 3d printing  lol