Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685048
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 35991 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Sultan of Swing & Princess of Pain?)
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2023, 09:58:25 PM »
Those are wonderful, really wonder.

Those are LONG boots on the princess of evil.

Thank you LouieN, your kind words are very much appreciated!
I’ll take a shot from behind if I can remember it…that witch is definitely little bit kinky. Those boots are *very* long!

Offline Dubbya

• Librarian
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2023, 10:35:30 PM »
I love everything in this thread! Brilliant collection and painting.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2023, 11:57:24 PM »
I love everything in this thread! Brilliant collection and painting.

These are very kind words, Dubbya, and I am happy to read them!!! You, too, seem to have a rather extensive and interesting collection!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2023, 12:04:40 AM »
Im nearly through with several Khorne chaos warriors from a 3D guy, but these were by far inferior to the last couple of 3D prints and not really enjoyable.

Well anyway, I did another Chaos troll. Again a simply brilliant Rackham model of a slightly mutated goblin. I love the little rascal. The pose, again, is rather strange for a 28/35mm model as the goblin, who is small in that scale, looks down. Does he want to stab someone in the foot? Are the goblins in Aarklash usually fighting moles?

We’ll probably never know with Jean Bey and Confrontation long gone, but such models are pretty neat for smaller scales as they are perfectly understandable as big guys looking down to fight smaller beings.

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2023, 10:23:54 PM »
You definitly have the most pre planned collection of 28mm guys looking to the ground ;)

Rackham had some great models, love what you did!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2023, 10:43:13 PM »
You definitly have the most pre planned collection of 28mm guys looking to the ground ;)

Rackham had some great models, love what you did!

Of course, in fact, three decades ago I started collecting them. And so that no one got suspicious, I camouflaged this behaviour by pretending to play Warhammer and especially Confrontation (seriously the worst tabletop rules I’ve ever played with the best models ever made for a tabletop).  ;) :D

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2023, 09:58:36 AM »
Rackham models were awesome! Yours look great man. I had a huge collection of goblins, really liked them. But they were hard to mix with other brands, so I sold them in the end (shaaaaaaaame!!!)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2023, 06:45:32 PM »
Rackham models were awesome! Yours look great man. I had a huge collection of goblins, really liked them. But they were hard to mix with other brands, so I sold them in the end (shaaaaaaaame!!!)

Awesome praise from you, thanks. And, yeah, a constant issue with Rackham stuff is the size of their models. Stylistically their early orcs, goblins, trolls and dwarfs *would* fit in nicely with GW & their imitators. Alas, their goblins are the size of Chaos Marauders, their orcs could also be ogres…

…I wanted to sell mine several times, but whenever I do sell some, I regret it andnot only keep stuff, but buy some more…

While I  always want to build some SoBH/FFoL warbands with them, I don’t really make progress . Yet, I’ve found quite a lot of uses for many models of my collection: goblins work brilliantly as 15mm trolls or Chaos Mutants. There’s even the possibility that some of my models might appear in MotU: Battleground;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2023, 10:49:45 PM »
Today was my daughter’s birthday. We had a lot of fun: granny, godfather, aunts everywhere, presents, cheering, singing, cake!

Anyway I managed to finish some models in the last night. Here they come, my first unit of Khornate Chaos Warriors!

A mixture of Alternative Armies, 3D printed models, stuff I cannot even guess where I got it from (the large guy in the pseuo-samurai armor, and GW bits. The AA anti-paladin had his head chopped off and a skull from the very useful GW skull set was added. There’s wven a renegade nurgle demon born again as a bloodied skinlesss worshipper of Khorne.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2023, 08:56:16 AM »
Took a day off and will be heading to the lake with my daughter, but before we do that, I was allowed to take some pictures. With some daylight they are slightly better..

First & second: Zigvald the Magnetic („Ziggy“ to his friends and he could have become famous with music videos).

Third : Queen Xiombarg again on her chaos lion.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Chaos A.D.)
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2023, 08:59:18 AM »
And a couple of Chaos Warriors I did over the last days. These two are Alternative Armies sculpts with headswaps from the above mentioned GW set „Skulls“. Very useful and gives the right Old School spirit imo.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2023, 09:00:21 AM »
And a third chaos warrior, this tome female, for my small Slaanesh warband.

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2023, 08:01:31 PM »
Very nice progress! Can we get a better pictur of the guy in samurai armour?

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #268 on: January 30, 2023, 11:45:39 PM »
Very nice progress! Can we get a better pictur of the guy in samurai armour?

Here he is. Don’t ask me where and how I got him. I really don’t know. Possibly with an eBay lot. Maybe the LAF hive mind knows?

The sculpt is rather mediocre. The sword especially is poorly sculped and many details aren’t clear - what I originally saw as a bent pommel seems to be a ribbon with a sword bead. I used a samurai armor from our exhibition as an archetype, that’s why the horns are painted in the same color as the rest of the suit. The highlights got a layer of gem effect as my other chaos warriors.

Anyway, I kinda like him as a beefy Chaos warrior. I got another one, originally intended for some 28mm goblin warband, which at some point I’ll turn into a Mahal warrior.

Offline Old Hob

• Scientist
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2023, 08:52:39 AM »
Here he is. Don’t ask me where and how I got him. I really don’t know. Possibly with an eBay lot. Maybe the LAF hive mind knows?

He's from Alternative Armies, sculpted to accompany their re-release of the Rieder Design's 'Hard Corps', which I think were originally evil warriors, but with scale creep and what-not have now been downgraded to 'armoured goblins'. So 'Chaos Warrior' is probably a return to his roots.

It's great to see the chaos warbands grow (I knew you'd end up doing all the Powers  lol). I'm particularly taken with Queen Xiombarg. Cracking stuff.