Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:16:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685047
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 740
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: 19/02 Chaos Dwarfs)  (Read 35989 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Chaos A.D.)
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2023, 08:55:28 AM »
Great work on these! The skull conversions work really well - big enough to be helmets with the-gods-know-what inside. And Xiombarg is just magnificent!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2023, 08:58:47 AM »
Man oh man, so many cool models! Love them. Especially Ziggy is very well done, awesome paintjob
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2023, 10:13:48 AM »
Here he is. Don’t ask me where and how I got him. I really don’t know. Possibly with an eBay lot. Maybe the LAF hive mind knows?

The sculpt is rather mediocre. The sword especially is poorly sculped and many details aren’t clear - what I originally saw as a bent pommel seems to be a ribbon with a sword bead. I used a samurai armor from our exhibition as an archetype, that’s why the horns are painted in the same color as the rest of the suit. The highlights got a layer of gem effect as my other chaos warriors.

Anyway, I kinda like him as a beefy Chaos warrior. I got another one, originally intended for some 28mm goblin warband, which at some point I’ll turn into a Mahal warrior.

Thanks! hes a fun model

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2023, 09:13:55 PM »
He's from Alternative Armies, sculpted to accompany their re-release of the Rieder Design's 'Hard Corps', which I think were originally evil warriors, but with scale creep and what-not have now been downgraded to 'armoured goblins'. So 'Chaos Warrior' is probably a return to his roots.

It's great to see the chaos warbands grow (I knew you'd end up doing all the Powers  lol). I'm particularly taken with Queen Xiombarg. Cracking stuff.

Oh, thanks, OldHob! Then he’s probably gotten into my leadpile via a shopping trip to AA. They may not have the best models around, but there are so many unique miniatures that I’m somehow always happy they still exist!

And, yeah, going all in here: Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Mahal, Hastur and the Horned Rat are planned … maybe with Dwarfs and Orcs, too ;)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2023, 09:18:35 PM »
Great work on these! The skull conversions work really well - big enough to be helmets with the-gods-know-what inside. And Xiombarg is just magnificent!

Thank you for the kind words! There is a huge amount of skull, also from non-humans. Great potential for conversions…also for all you 1/72 guys.

Man oh man, so many cool models! Love them. Especially Ziggy is very well done, awesome paintjob

Thanks, man! Zigvald still needs some mirrors to admire himself, but the sculpt was great, basically painted himself:)

Thanks! hes a fun model

Indeed, he is, especially since he’s pretty original. That lets one forget the flaws.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:23:58 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Florian‘s 15mm Fantasy (Update: Chaos A.D. again)
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2023, 09:58:23 PM »
So, slowly I‘m building up new forces.

Khorne will get some demons, beastmen and the infamous Legion of Khorne spearmen, while some scattered Nurglings and a demon toad are waiting for the lord of decay. Tzeentch has a hoard of Splintered Light stuff that I’ve been saving for just such an occasion and Slaanesh will get a giant equivalent, some fun-loving trolls, beastmen and chaos warriors.

And for Mahal, I’ve got something special planned.

Anyway, here are two leftovers from the last weeks.

First of all an orc champion devoted to Khorne. An excellent model by Werner Klocke for Demonworld.

The other guy could be a great representation of Elric in his dragon armor - afaik the text never specifies whether Elric’s helmet is open or closed and we all only have the image of an open helmet by a myriad of artists who wanted to show Elric‘s face. The model is also from Demonworld and absolutely brilliant. Highly recommended for all kinds of dark knights!

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2023, 10:06:29 AM »
Khorne Orcs are the best Orcs. :-*

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2023, 07:07:05 PM »
Khorne Orcs are the best Orcs. :-*

It’s actually a great loss in modern Warhammer that Chaos now is a purely human thing!
I miss Khornate Stormboyz and Nobz!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2023, 07:09:25 PM »
Here are some group shots of my blobs and slime demons and the Snail rider with the Chaos Warriors.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2023, 07:11:13 PM »
And last, but not least a giant Beastman from Demonworld.

Offline LoxIslay

• Librarian
« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2023, 09:36:56 PM »
As always nice additions  :-* love the group shots.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2023, 10:02:58 PM »
As always nice additions  :-* love the group shots.

Thank you, Peter. I’m still learning… here is a recent attempt of a group shot with my mobile phone.
Probably need to invest in a photo app and need to start working on some terrain features as background.

Here are three Rackham Confrontation goblins repurposed as chaos trolls. The one in the background was meant for my pseudarthurian setting and therefore is based slightly different. They give a nice solid Dragon Rampant unit with 4 wounds each.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2023, 10:05:45 PM »
And another group shot of my Nurgle Chaos Warriors. Most of them are Alternative Armies sculpts.

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2023, 11:49:34 PM »
Great stuff!

The other guy could be a great representation of Elric in his dragon armor - afaik the text never specifies whether Elric’s helmet is open or closed and we all only have the image of an open helmet by a myriad of artists who wanted to show Elric‘s face. The model is also from Demonworld and absolutely brilliant. Highly recommended for all kinds of dark knights!

Yes, he would make a great Elric - and I seem to remember that the text does either specify or imply some sort of visor or face covering (I always drew Elric with an elaborate visored helm when I was a kid!). In fact, here's the description in Stormbringer:

Upon the table, among the open books, a  tapering black helm, engraved with old runes, lay, its crown gradually rising into a spiked, standing almost two feet from the base. At this base, dominating the eye-slits, was a tiny replica of a spread-winged dragon, with a gaping snout ... Now he picked up the helm and fitted it over his head so that it covered the top half of his face, only his red eyes gleaming from the shadows. He refrained from pulling the side wings about his lower face but for the meantime, left them sweeping back from the bottom of the helmet.

So it sounds like it is a fully visored helm when all the bits are in place - and that cracking miniature would be at least as accurate as any of the standard Elric illustrations.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2023, 08:13:56 PM »
Great stuff!

Yes, he would make a great Elric - and I seem to remember that the text does either specify or imply some sort of visor or face covering (I always drew Elric with an elaborate visored helm when I was a kid!). In fact, here's the description in Stormbringer:

So it sounds like it is a fully visored helm when all the bits are in place - and that cracking miniature would be at least as accurate as any of the standard Elric illustrations.

Thank you, sir Hobgoblin! That is also a marvelous discovery. It’s far too often that some specific artwork dominates our vision of a certain fantasy world. A closet helmet makes indeed much more sense - and is a refreshing change opening up many possibilities.
The little knight shall be known from now on as Elric, Champion of Mahal (a.k.a. Arioch)!