Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:36:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Pulp Germans?  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28mm Pulp Germans?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 03:17:53 PM »
The Gestapo didn't have any uniform. Since they were the "Geheime Staats Poilzei" (Secret State Police) they were not supposed to war a military outfit. Look at the guy from the first Indiana Jones movie and you get the idea of waht they looked like.

The idea of using Africa Korps troops for SA sounds reasonable, however, they were armed (if at all) with truncheons or maybe pistols. No heavy weapons, no rifles. German weapon laws were rather strict those days (still are). And no, they did not wear shorts. At least not after they were reorganized in the mid 20's.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
Castaway Arts has a group of unarmed 1930s era uniformed Nazis, to go with the Ark of the Covenant (sold separately).  Check out acc22 at the bottom of this page:
http://www.castawayarts.com.au/catalog/catalog_main.php?cmd=groupload&group=17

Cannon Fodder has some SA-looking types mixed in with their Freikorps - apparently these are now sold byBlaze Away:
http://www.blazeaway.com.au/Kameraden!.htm

Offline rjandron

• Bookworm
    • Historical Wargames
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
The Castaway Arts ones are perfect! That they've also got an "Ark of the Covenant" is a bonus.

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions.

Also, when I mentioned Gestapo, I was looking for the black uniforms worn by Major Hochstetter on Hogan's Heroes (though he also wore a trenchcoat and civilian clothing in several episodes as well). Any suggestions on those?
Historical Wargames - My Historical, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Steampunk, and Pulp Gaming Page.

former user

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 08:28:27 PM »
I guess You mean the black uniform non-covert members of the gestapo could wear, and this is the general uniform of the organization with the two similar runic initials, manufactured by Hugo Boss ( as well as the "brown" uniforms of the other organization  ;))

I am not very familiar with the cut, but I guess You could use any miniature without the stand-up collar but lapels instead.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »
Artizan have some good figures and BAM has a Gestapo officer.

http://shop.warlordgames.co.uk/german-guarding-the-chateau-pack-1125-p.asp
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:38:22 PM by joroas »
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »
The second guy on the left looks like he fits.

About uniforms, let me think. Since the police was integrated into the SS, it means that as a police officer you where also member of that organization. At least on the level of the federal police, I'm really not sure if there was still state police, as Germany was a very centralistic country at that time. I would think that anybody working for the Kriminalpolizei or Geheimpolizei would also be a member of the SS. Hence it is possible to wear the SS uniforms at certain times (think of dress-up affairs etc).

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 08:38:37 AM »
There were also lots of folks who had honorary membership too, who could wear the uniform, so he could be a scientist..........