Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:10:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: AK47 Republic (first game page 6)  (Read 16584 times)

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
Re: AK47 Republic
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 08:55:15 AM »
I have really enjoyed this thread-I used to play AK47 and last year purchased and printed out the pdf version just to have a read of it again. My old eyes probably could not manage 15mm these days though!

I have to ask how did you make the tower/oil well-it looks fantastic.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 09:45:49 AM »
My old eyes probably could not manage 15mm these days though!

The more regular parts of the Peter Pig AK47 range are a doddle to paint, if your standards aren’t too high. Spray them in your predominant colour (e.g. olive drab), block in other colours for weapons and flesh etc. and then splash on a dark wash.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2020, 10:43:29 AM »
looking great, love the basing.

Looks like some 3d printed stuff in the box??

Ive done some of Bergmans stuff in 15mm for this
Ordered some stuff from butlers printed models, a couple of bedford RL's and a couple of Saladin armoured cars not really a fan, yet to try and paint one, a lot of work to prep for undercoat

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
I have really enjoyed this thread-I used to play AK47 and last year purchased and printed out the pdf version just to have a read of it again. My old eyes probably could not manage 15mm these days though!

I have to ask how did you make the tower/oil well-it looks fantastic.
The tower was cut carefully from cereal packet cardboard, I then used the first one as a template to draw out the other three side and again carefully cut them out and glued it all together and try to hold it all together while the glue sets

Offline ulverston

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2020, 11:51:24 AM »
The tower suddenly becomes more impressive now that your construction method has been revealed! AK47 does tick all the boxes for  fun game

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »
Been rolling some dice in the AK47 rule book so I now have a name for my country and flags for the two main sides
So a bit of history and background

The Country of NEW-BOSIA is a small country on the West African coast. The capital city is called Collinsville. The land was settled back in the late 1700’s mainly by British people of Scottish decent leaving the country after the troubles, the Local population moved inland away from the settlers. The small country has been pretty much left alone during all the world troubles as it was not on any major trade routes and only during the second world war did the country supply troops to the British empire, the troops formed a battalion in the south African division and fought in the North African and Italian campaigns, Post-war has seen the country getting involved in independence wars as some of the native Africans have been pushed from their lands by other wars and are encroaching on the peaceful white areas of the country. The local government has been supported by the British government in the past, but that support has fallen in recent years and the local native population is being encouraged by neighbouring communist countries to overthrow the local western style government.
 MILITARY- COLINSVILLE DEFENCE FORCE (CDF)
The military is a small well-trained professional force using slightly older British Equipment they also have a competent reserve system and a paramilitary police force guard the borders, port and there is also a small navy and air force
Commander – General Macintosh served/ trained with British forces during WWII
1 Battalion Professional mechanised infantry APC Mounted various M3, M5, M113
1 Squadron of centurion MBT
 Recce Squadron Saladin Armoured cars Land rovers
Jeep squadron RCL
2 battalions of reserve infantry - Lorries and land rovers
Police battalion
Helicopter
COMMUNIST PARTY OF NEW-BOSIA (CPONB)
The main units of CPONB are regular trained in neighbouring countries and supported by the same countries with armaments, a local militia is recruited from the native population. In the local region names are seen as very important, the more powerful name the better the person/unit
Commander – Field Marshal Dr Iwana B Boss Communist dictator
A Battalion of T55 MBT- The Lions
1 Regular battalion mounted in APC BRT 152 – Para Commandoes
1 Regular battalion truck mounted- Simba’s
3 Technical HMG and RCL- Cheetahs’
HVY weapon battalion, HMG RCL, Mortar and AAA
2 battalions of Militia

Economy
In recent years in has been found that there is oil under ground in the region and “British Oillay (BO)” have set up some drilling rigs to access it. There is also some exploration for other valuable minerals by the same company. In the past there was some exploitation of the local fauna and various woods from the area were popular for a while. Tourism has been the main import for most of the county’s history, but this has recently been curtailed by regular attacks on the only airport by communist F19 Farmer aircraft from nearby countries
Landscape
There is some flat arable land around the river down by the coast and that is where most of the settles live but most of the land is mountainous Jungle with the odd farm stead and local village cut out of the jungle. There is a decent road network though out the country due to the efforts of the mining companies

Offline Slayer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2020, 07:44:47 PM »
love all the background
the early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 10:42:32 AM »
Nice background.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2020, 02:15:06 PM »
Man, this looks great!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 05:25:37 PM »
Thanks guys

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »
Ordered some stuff from butlers printed models, a couple of bedford RL's and a couple of Saladin armoured cars not really a fan, yet to try and paint one, a lot of work to prep for undercoat
Some pics

Alot of work to prep them

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2020, 12:33:23 AM »
Been building an oil rig

just the tank to finish painting

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2020, 12:34:52 AM »
Great stuff  8) Colinsville, brilliant!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Online Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:47 AM »
Love that terrain!

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2020, 08:00:36 AM »
I got my Saladins & other bits for the Zumri Naval force (They were heavily influenced by
the Royal Navy & their use of armoured cars.) from Sky-Trex. I think they are still available.