Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Big Game Hunting Rules  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Big Game Hunting Rules
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:24:52 PM »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:02:26 AM by Silent Invader »
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline mikeygees

• Scientist
Re: Big Game Hunting Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »
Your game concept sounds very cool. I'm interested. What will you use for the creatures in regards to type and manufactuer? I play Tooth and Claw, using prehistoric hunters hunting prehistoric mammals.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 03:32:08 AM »
The first question is are the dogs "zombiefied"? 

A regular dog pack is going to lay around a kill, eating it, gorging and cracking bones etc., then sleeping for a while, then going for a drink of water, then back on the hunt.

Zombie dogs, who knows?

Deer move in smaller family groups, moving from water, to choice grazing spots, to afternoon resting spots.  Hunters will want to find these resting spots and shoot the deer there.  The other chioce is to get them as they move to or at the water source.  If your humans have the resources and planning, they could put out a saltlick.  Basically a block of salt that the deer will make a habit of visiting periodically once they find it.  The hunters could simply lay a trap of some kind (Snare, dead fall, or ambush) nearby. 

The thing about a post zombie world would be the number of animals that would be around.  In a few years there would be dog packs, feral cats, herds of wild pigs and wild cattle, maybe wild sheep and flocks of chickens.  There will be large colonies of Rats and mice, more rabbits etc.  Even without humans to help them repopulate, and without millions of humans to eat them or run them over in cars,
their  pop.should grow more rapidly then the predators to eat them.   That does not even count any exotic zoo escapee animals.  Lions and tigers and bears oh my.     
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline mikeygees

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 04:06:03 AM »
In addition to wild dogs you could also have the occasional zoo animal on the loose, etc....? For animal behaviour you could role a percentage die to see how the pack of dogs react when entering the board: 0-30% attack human within 24" if no human in sight hide in nearest patch of cover, 30-50% attack human within 18" etc,  You could then role a percentage die for different results/reactions for the dogs during all consective bounds. The deer on the other hand can react to sight and sound of hunters and dogs with percentile die roles as well. You could role a D-10 as well to determine the size of the herd when entering the board. Personally I would use a little more then just packs of wild dogs. With the zoo animals you could include Lions, Bears, Rhinos, Tigers. Take it another step further with bands of Sewer Scavengers or Zombies if in a urban setting. What will you use for your terrain, and how big will the board be?

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 02:44:24 PM »
I would use battleground rules,One game I use bears for the russians and they work real well Ive bee thinking of doing some hunting games my self with the bears and wolves I painted up.