Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 797
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Anno Domini 1666 kickstarter  (Read 29636 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Anno Domini 1666 kickstarter
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2020, 05:34:17 PM »
I went for the plastic version. Nothing received yet.

Offline Joe Fish

• Librarian
« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2020, 07:21:48 PM »
Erik,
Thanks for the update. There has been no update (at least for non Polish speakers) since Christmas eve.  You are the first person I have read in US that has received shipment.  I assume you did the metal option, I went for the plastics  (all-in option).  Now waiting impatiently for the fulfillment.

Glad to hear the figures are nice 'in the flesh.'   Do you have a favorite?

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »
I recall a post-Christmas update mentioning shipping was on, but yes, nothing in about two weeks.

Still waiting on mine (also all-in plastics), but not worried. They've always been very professional chaps.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 08:01:11 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2020, 10:31:11 PM »
I had a few email conversations with them. They are drowning in the warehouse trying to get everything shipped and have been since November. Hang in there, I do not get the impression that they are unreliable, just overwhelmed and doing their best.

My favorite is Gerhard, the guy holding the chicken head. But I hate the chicken head so I cut it off and I will put on a small shield.

There are a lot of very cool ones.  I especially like the guys dueling with sabers.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2020, 11:27:23 PM »
I am really looking forward to receiving these figures.  Well, the game too - but especially the figures!

-Michael

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2020, 08:33:07 AM »
I have done previous Kickstarters with them, they are solid.

Also, they're bigger than just their minis business as they own several game stores in Poland. So they have a bit of added stability and staff from that, though as you say, things are pretty heavy right now with all the KS fulfillment.

Point being I'm not in the least worried, especially with others getting their boxes.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »
I fell in for the plastic version, but haven’t received anything, yet. Not worried, though, as they did make a very robust appearance through the Ks. updates came slowly and sometimes slower than promised, but alway steadily and they did demonstrate considerable progress.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
I'm All-In for the plastic version and really looking forward to them.  My 25-yrs old son and daughter are both also looking forward to playing the game.  Fingers crossed they will arrive soon.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2020, 07:43:28 PM »
I fell in for the plastic version, but haven’t received anything, yet. Not worried, though, as they did make a very robust appearance through the Ks. updates came slowly and sometimes slower than promised, but alway steadily and they did demonstrate considerable progress.
Yep, exactly.

Also, when they sent out an update asking questions about shipping methods, they said to email them if we needed anything specific for customs, etc. and Michael answered my request almost straight away. A small thing, but I was impressed how fast that reply came considering the thousands of KS backers.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2020, 10:46:11 PM »
Don't worry, these guys have been quite legitimate thus far.  Your minis will arrive.  Be patient.  :-)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:04 AM »
lol How to make a crisis out of a non-drama...

My minis just arrived 2 days ago.

I went for the plastic version. Nothing received yet.

Still waiting on mine (also all-in plastics), but not worried. They've always been very professional chaps.

I do not get the impression that they are unreliable, just overwhelmed and doing their best.

I have done previous Kickstarters with them, they are solid.
Point being I'm not in the least worried, especially with others getting their boxes.

Don't worry, these guys have been quite legitimate thus far.  Your minis will arrive.  Be patient.  :-)

Your multiple reassurances as to the bonafides of the company are kind. But no-one actually said they were worried in the least ;)

Offline Joe Fish

• Librarian
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2020, 09:37:10 PM »
Yeah, I think it is more frustration on a fall down in what had been an exemplary series of updates, (126 in number).  In my own view, people are trying to keep things in perspective, but it can seem like a 'rush on the bank.'

Good to remind each other this, as most companies that supply the hobby, are definitely small scale enterprises often swinging above their weight.

Still, dammit, I want my Zagloba! Vivat;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2020, 09:13:00 PM »
Update went out that they have finished sending out all the Polish packages (35% of the total), which went out first since they were easier and quicker to do, and now the English ones will be going out.

It's funny how apologetic they are for doing something perfectly sensible (domestic packages require no customs information and can all use the same packaging postage, thereby getting more sets to more backers as quickly as possible). I suppose they're keenly sensitive to the fears of backers who've been burned before on other KS projects, or who've seen that happen.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2020, 09:58:16 PM »
Sorry, I have to say, I love Polish people. I find them a blast to work with and they have such a great sense of art, history, science, and passion.

I'm watching by fire and sword with my 7-year-old right now who is a little frustrated it's not in English but it's the best I can do right now.

And I was lucky enough to get my figures already. They're pretty good.  I made a second order, as well. my three Musketeers have just been primed and the bases are drying. I really like this company and what they're making.

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2020, 12:30:02 PM »
I have received mine a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quality of the plastic minis and all the production values are top notch.  8)