Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:26:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sir_shvantselot’s various Fantasy efforts  (Read 39616 times)

Offline BeneathALeadMountain

• Mad Scientist
Re: Sir_shvantselot’s various Fantasy efforts
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2022, 12:25:08 PM »
I think the triangular bucklers fit very well and would/could be quite effective (and they fit the khadorian motif), I’ve done some sparring with sword and bucklers and they are very nasty in the right hands. The larger banner I sent to you is from the Dark Elf Cold One Knights sprue (in case you want to find another) as it had similar angular motifs to the shields.

Do you have any deals regarding colour scheme yet or will the sludge cover most of the poor souls?

BeneathALeadMountain
Beneath A Lead Mountain - my blog of hobby procrastination and sometimes even some progress
https://beneathaleadmountain.blogspot.com/

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2022, 05:14:37 PM »
Been very busy and generally shattered. So tried a limited fun exercise of getting these two goblin chariots pulled together and ready to game…if not much closer to getting painted. One for the future :)

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2022, 05:17:14 PM »
I think the triangular bucklers fit very well and would/could be quite effective (and they fit the khadorian motif), I’ve done some sparring with sword and bucklers and they are very nasty in the right hands. The larger banner I sent to you is from the Dark Elf Cold One Knights sprue (in case you want to find another) as it had similar angular motifs to the shields.

Do you have any deals regarding colour scheme yet or will the sludge cover most of the poor souls?

BeneathALeadMountain

Your bits very much helped to make these a fun Easter project. And I’m glad you see see them as plausible background wise. I’m thinking just using the Army Painter British uniform spray can inhale largely full before it goes messed up and doesn’t spray properly. Which seems to happen to them after a few months. I did this YouTube Heidi of how far I’ve got…

Kitbashing for Sludge from Frostgrave Barbarians & Knights and Warmachine
https://youtu.be/wqsDbkzEQuA

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2022, 09:58:16 PM »
Had a good demo game at FLG store of Armada. Really fun. Took a long time to take pieces out of enemy ships but I think there are scenarios better than kill each other well do next time. Used store demo miniatures.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »
And I forgot to post pics from a Kings of War game a few months back. Kingdom of Dust vs some Kingdom of Nature types. I won. But we were really trying out rules and having fun outflanking each other. Which I did more and thus won. But those skeletons couldn’t wear down that rock beast.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2022, 09:18:56 AM »
great looking games, both.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »
great looking games, both.

Thank you. They were. This weekend’s paint job. Not sure about it. Had issues with the consistency of the green and now it looks like he has a skin condition…

His role in life will be to ride a chariot. That’s next weekend’s job.

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2022, 07:49:19 PM »
The two chariots done.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2022, 08:49:19 PM »
An excellent band of raiders, very nice. I love the idea of chariots rattling along with wolf riders streaming around them.

I think Goblin Wolf Riders might just be my favourite fantasy unit. I had a few (12) when little but always wanted a sweeping band - probably inspired by the Wolf Riders Gw book art, felix and gotrek story and early WHFB/WHFRPG artwork. Whilst I don’t have such a force in 28mm I do have a huge number in 10mm (Warmaster sculpts which are great) individually based to play 3rd.Ed. WHFB in half scale and see them as very frightening and viable threat to isolated homesteaders and small towns.

Andrew
Balm

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2022, 08:39:04 AM »
An excellent band of raiders, very nice. I love the idea of chariots rattling along with wolf riders streaming around them.

I think Goblin Wolf Riders might just be my favourite fantasy unit. I had a few (12) when little but always wanted a sweeping band - probably inspired by the Wolf Riders Gw book art, felix and gotrek story and early WHFB/WHFRPG artwork. Whilst I don’t have such a force in 28mm I do have a huge number in 10mm (Warmaster sculpts which are great) individually based to play 3rd.Ed. WHFB in half scale and see them as very frightening and viable threat to isolated homesteaders and small towns.

Andrew
Balm

Hey Andrew

Always love your insights and experience. I can’t do with 10 or even 15mm. You get breadth and scale. Like your own Lord of the rings battle scene. But I’m too old for such fiddliness. I’m also taken with the vision of hordes of ululating wolf riders swarming about a lonesome bunch of isolated dwarven traders stuck on the steppes of some fantasy land. Which is what this is all about. See this video I did of…the Horde :)

Goblin wolf chariots by GW & Knightmare Miniatures Painted
https://youtu.be/7Lnv1Rgh7Bs

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2022, 09:44:23 PM »
These are gorgeous and so cute. But took ages to paint. Not time. Just squeezing in between real life! Each one seems to have a lot of kit. Largely nicked I suspect. My agnostic gobbo army needs an infantry unit. Though all rules treat them as useless seem better armed and armoured than any thegn in Saga for example.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 06:13:01 PM by sir_shvantselot »

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2022, 10:40:03 AM »
And who doesn’t need more goblin chariots…

Light Goblin Chariot Kitbashing for Warhammer Fantasy or Dragon Rampant
https://youtu.be/DJrWZk6Hmw8
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 10:00:18 AM by sir_shvantselot »

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2022, 02:49:58 PM »
A video of the Heartbreaker Kev Adams goblins I painted. And have yet to paint.

https://youtu.be/9pSoec0Aoz8

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2022, 09:15:16 PM »
Brilliant stuff sir! I’m a massive P.Bonner fan and a general lover of goblins. Those goblins are beautiful (maybe not the right word) and you’ve done an excellent job of bringing them to life. Thank you for posting.

Stay safe,
Andrew
BALM

Offline sir_shvantselot

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2022, 10:04:46 PM »
Brilliant stuff sir! I’m a massive P.Bonner fan and a general lover of goblins. Those goblins are beautiful (maybe not the right word) and you’ve done an excellent job of bringing them to life. Thank you for posting.

Stay safe,
Andrew
BALM

Thanks Andrew. And I was thinking of you but the other day as I think one of the flags you kindly sent me will be finding a role in life very soon…