Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686597
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: questions on excalibur miniatures (fearless)  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Melvin

• Student
    • melvindevoor.com
questions on excalibur miniatures (fearless)
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »
given that they never reply to emails.
Id think Id try a forum rooted in germany, as I dont think they have a lot name/fame outside (actually the only sign of life from them would be the duzi convention ?)

does anyone have any idea how big they are ? (scale comparison shots or actually any photos except for those on the website would be great, but otherwise how well do they compare to say freebooter, darkage and reaper.. all allready on the tall side.)
also am I right to assume you can only get their minis from them ? no other online stores carrying the product that might reply to emails ?

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
Re: questions on excalibur miniatures (fearless)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »
Sizewise most Excalibur Minis work well with GW. They are of mixed quality, but I never had any problems with miscasts.
It's a small company with a booth at DUZI (in fact they are the organizer of the show) and SPIEL in Essen, the worlds largest board games fair.

The center piece is from Reaper, the rest are from Excalibur, all mounted on 25mm GW bases.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:27:40 PM by Poliorketes »
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)

Offline Melvin

• Student
    • melvindevoor.com
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:07:23 PM »
I searched for them at last years spiel and they weren there ?
I hope to be able to attend duzi tough, so who knows, (wont order as I only place orders after having had email contact.)

I must admit to something a bit shamefull ... "Sizewise most Excalibur Minis work well with GW" doesnt mean anything to me actually, when I was much younger I played skaven, my brothers played lizardmen and goblins/orcs and we also had a big joined epic 40k collection, but I cant remember the size of standard human miniatures as I havent touched/seen those alot :)

that said you picture is more helpfull :) while with the post I was specifically talking about fearless female troopers, these were miniatures I also had an interest in (tough as they will stand on their own, less worried about scale.) and I happen to have the reaper one as well so can look it up.

but from the look of it its the exact same scale as Armallion right ?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:13:24 AM »
Hey Melvin,

Which ones are you looking for? I have several Fearless ladies so maybe I can send some to you :). The scale is 28mm IIRC and they are slightly smaller than Warmachine, Freebooter, etc.

They are also at Crisis by the way. Saw them last year but I passed as most of their designs are a bit dated by now IMO. The Werner Klocke sculpts (the Amazon ladies for example) are still their best sculpts.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
but from the look of it its the exact same scale as Armallion right ?

Can't tell about Armalion

Offline Glitzer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:24 PM »
Which Fearless female troopers do you mean? The Klocke sculpts are smaller than the new Klocke sculpts, but that tendency already existed back then. The Fearless Klocke minis are a little bit larger than Hobby Products DSA Klocke minis.(Armallion was/is the wargame for the DSA RPG, so I asume they are the same size).
Far less active than I used to...