Forum > Season 12

Round 7 - Bruce in the Blue Sultanate vs. Lets call it Greenland!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Plynkes:
Isn't there one of those Ray Harryhausen pictures where they fight big Walruses in the snow? Maybe one of the Sinbad ones? This reminded me of that. I always loved that sort of thing, and I love this too.

--- Quote from: Vanvlak on June 10, 2018, 07:53:13 AM ---That's James Bruce, right*?

--- End quote ---

Indeed, and yes, he's inappropriately dressed. I think he actually dressed in some sort of Ottoman mufti in real life, but I wanted to replicate the imagery from the glory days of Look and Learn magazine. So not properly historical, perhaps more a 1970s retelling for kids.  :)

These pictures from the aforementioned magazine were the inspiration for this entry. I think the second one is by our old chum from the Ospreys (specifically the Zulu ones for me) the late Angus McBride.

Oh, and that's no muezzin!  :)

Admiral Benbow:
Fantastic painting and staging, Dylan! And a very original setting from Hu Rhu. So to say warm against cold ...

AWu:
Hu Ru captures real story of Greenland colony fall!

Vanvlak:

--- Quote from: Plynkes on June 10, 2018, 02:19:29 PM ---Isn't there one of those Ray Harryhausen pictures where they fight big Walruses in the snow? Maybe one of the Sinbad ones? This reminded me of that. I always loved that sort of thing, and I love this too.

Indeed, and yes, he's inappropriately dressed. I think he actually dressed in some sort of Ottoman mufti in real life, but I wanted to replicate the imagery from the glory days of Look and Learn magazine. So not properly historical, perhaps more a 1970s retelling for kids.  :)

These pictures from the aforementioned magazine were the inspiration for this entry. I think the second one is by our old chum from the Ospreys (specifically the Zulu ones for me) the late Angus McBride.

Oh, and that's no muezzin!  :)

--- End quote ---
Look & Learn style - cool! (not literally though, and that's what I meant by inappropriate, I wasn't quibbling on authenticity!  :D)
Aha, not a muezzin, I thought he was calling out the prayer - so he's something else then  8)

Plynkes:
That's Baldrick. He has been my LPL mascot this time. He's been in every entry and has brought me a large portion of good fortune.  :)

It does look like he's making the call to prayer, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version