Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (9/15/21 Resurrection!)...  (Read 52402 times)

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 7-30)...
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2019, 06:21:05 PM »
Some Griffin Spearman. Classic Rackham sculpts from '98...

Owner, Temple of the West
www.TempleWest.co

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #196 on: July 30, 2019, 09:10:03 PM »
Brilliant! I like these models even more than the later series when everything was multi part and required a lot of very precise drilling.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #197 on: July 30, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »
Thanks, these are great sculpts and very "heroic" looking. It is also nice just to glue the shield on... I have several sets of these and plan to make a unit of 12 plus command for Dragon Rampant. 

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #198 on: July 31, 2019, 04:46:45 AM »
Thanks, these are great sculpts and very "heroic" looking. It is also nice just to glue the shield on... I have several sets of these and plan to make a unit of 12 plus command for Dragon Rampant.

Brilliant idea! Ionly have a set of three.

I didn’t understand why there wasn’t a second or third set realeased and instead those multi-purpose models with interchangeable arms. In the case of the griffins they looked okay with a mace, but much slimmer. Worse still, those armies with spearmen had only models clearly designed for brandishing a handweapon...cynwall, for instance, don’t look good at all.

Do you modify Dragon Rampant or use it from the book? When I bought it, I was dissatisfied with how they handled heroes and monsters (basically just units where you don’t remove models but hitpoints).

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #199 on: July 31, 2019, 01:46:39 PM »
Brilliant idea! Ionly have a set of three.

I didn’t understand why there wasn’t a second or third set realeased and instead those multi-purpose models with interchangeable arms. In the case of the griffins they looked okay with a mace, but much slimmer. Worse still, those armies with spearmen had only models clearly designed for brandishing a handweapon...cynwall, for instance, don’t look good at all.

Do you modify Dragon Rampant or use it from the book? When I bought it, I was dissatisfied with how they handled heroes and monsters (basically just units where you don’t remove models but hitpoints).

There is a second set of the spearman single casts in different poses... i have 2 or 3 of each set (small rackham collecting disease)... I have a few sets of the multi-part guys too... i plan to so 12 with the mace, and 12 with the pick-axe. That will all be some time in the future though as i'm trying to build opponents armies 1 for 1... not sure who i'll jump to next... i'm also working on my GOT project.... TOO MANY PROJECTS!! so fun tho... as for Dragon Rampant I basically play it how the rules state. I haven't gotten in many games with my confrontation guys yet, but I plan to add their abilities from confrontation to their stats in Dragon Rampant to keep it much more themed in the Aarklash world.... Also looking to modify GW LOTR rules for smaller skirmish games in the confrontation universe...

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »
Abel the ill tempered... commander of the Griffin conscripts... also circa '98

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:19:31 PM by gibby64 »

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 8-18)...
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »
Added the musician to the squad...

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 8-20)...
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2019, 07:08:48 PM »
This squad is done.... 6 heavy spearmen and my command for the Griffin Conscripts... had a lot of fun painting these overly fantastical sculpts from '98/'99.... many will say these were done before Rackham started to get really good sculpts churning out, but I happen to think they have a sort of vintage charm to them... can't wait to field these guys.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 8-21)...
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2019, 10:03:30 PM »
First of MANY Cynwall Elves... they are the High Elf faction for Confrontation... they originated from a separated tribe and stumbled upon some old ruins of an ancient city. They decided to build their civilization upon those old ruins and became allies of the dragons that live in the woods nearby. They follow the "Light" and are allies with the Griffins, Lions of Alahan, Dwarves of Tir-Na-Bor, and the Kelts of the Sessairs Clan..... i've never seen a completed army of the Cynwall Elves done before, and have searched extensively... they were not a particularly popular faction to field in confrontation and many didn't like the sculpts... but I've come to love them and look forward to building my first Elven army for confrontation as well as Dragon Rampant... alas, this is one of the standard troop units... a spearman... and yes it's a man... they are a bit feminine looking...

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 8-28)...
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »
keep 'em coming! all fantastic.

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 8-28)...
« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2019, 02:53:01 AM »
Ok, finished up my squad of Cynwall Elves spearman... once I add the commander, standard, and musician that's an even dozen... perfect for most games... after I finish the command I'll start on the Cynwall veteran swordsmen... then to the elite troops.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 9-4 Cynwall Elves)...
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2019, 03:41:33 PM »
Nice work yet again, including those excellent bases!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 9-4 Cynwall Elves)...
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2019, 06:49:55 PM »
First tree printed from the new PrintableScenery.com kickstarter.... I really love their design of the leaves on these... rendered really nicely. Excited to paint up the rest.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 9-10 Terrain)...
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2019, 07:12:15 AM »
Those turned out rather well didn‘t they? At some stage I think I may have to get into 3D printing but I already have too much to paint on my to do list. Thanks for continuing to inspire!

Offline gibby64

• Mad Scientist
  • Temple of the West
    • Temple of the West
Re: Gibby's Rackham Fixation (Updated 9-10 Terrain)...
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »
Finished up the commander for my cynwall spearman unit... not very far along on this due to my Joan of arc obsession!