Forum > Season 12

Semi-final A - You know bugger all Jon Snow vs. Hunters or Hunted?

<< < (5/5)

Plynkes:

--- Quote from: Dr Mathias on June 18, 2018, 08:07:25 PM ---I could use a roll-call on where all those figures are from. Looks like at least one Foundry but the majority are not from ranges I'm familiar with.

--- End quote ---

Certainly. Left to right: Orell the warg and his eagle are Frostgrave figures from North Star. They come in the same pack. Ygritte is also some kind of Frostgrave barbarian lady. The Direwolf on the right comes in the same pack as her. Jon Snow is yet another Frostgrave metal figure, this time a captain, but he has had his head replaced by that of a Foundry ancient Greek. The big bare-chested guy Tormund Giantsbane is a Foundry ancient German (wearing no shirt that far up north, he must be from Newcastle).

I got the giant on eBay second-hand. Just put "Frost Giant" into the search engine. So unfortunately I have no idea who makes it. The packaging claims he is Twinings Tea Pure Fennel, but that can't be right.  ;)

I seem to recall he's a piece from a board game, but I can't remember which one, I'm afraid. Lovely plastic figure and lots of fun to paint (i.e. easy and no dramas).

--- Quote from: Dr Mathias on June 18, 2018, 08:07:25 PM --- I certainly can't find fault with your entry...

--- End quote ---

Well, I can, because I was there when it was painted, and I know which two pieces were speed-painted in a panicked sloppy rush on Friday. But I'm not giving any clues as to which they are if nobody can tell.  lol

Blasphemia Blackwood:
Both great entries (unsurprisingly, at this stage in the league). But I was seriously blown away by DrMathias' atmospheric orc scene. Fantastic work once again!

Keith:
Giant is from the Cmon Blood Rage game (he’s an extra I think) and you’ve reminded me I’ve been after one for ages  :D

ork56:
Can't decide this one, sorry

Kev Dallimore:
superb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version